Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » How to reset 'sa' password if SQL Password is lost/forgotten/unknown?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to reset 'sa' password if SQL Password is lost/forgotten/unknown?

Author: y

How to reset 'sa' password if SQL Password is lost/forgotten/unknown? First off, you can log in as any SSO role user and have them reset the 'sa' password for you. Being life and life being not always so simple we may not always have an SSO role handy (or configured) So, we resort to the following: Edit the runserver' file. By default it's in the $SYBASE_HOME/install directory Add "-psa" (for password 'sa') to the end of the command line. (I have noticed that this DOES NOT work in windows unless it's the FIRST param on the command line) Save file and reboot server. You may' have to use Unix kill' or Windows End Task' but I suggest that as a last resort. While server is restarting, watch the console. You will see something like. "New SSO Password for sa:akshentneksla". If you miss it in the console, check the error logs. It will also be written there. Re-Edit the runserver file once the server has booted' and remove the "-psa". If you don't, the next time the server is restarted it will RESET the sa password again and you're screwed all over. :)
Share: Login as 'sa' using the new password (In this case: akshentneksla). use sp_password to change the password to something you will remember. (OPTIONAL) reboot server to make sure all is nice and neat. (See Note #2 below!).Some Notes:1- People have claimed that they are still not able to login with this new password. If that is the case make sure that the 'sa' account is not locked. You can do this by setting a TRACEFLAG to "4044?. This is a boot time traceflag that allows 'sa' to login even if his/her account is locked. 2- Windows services do not always call the proper .bat file when they startup your service. What happens is that you may edit the runserver' .bat file and yet not have your password reset if you stop/start the service. This is because the sybase installer references the 'sqlsvr.exe' executable with parameters DIRECTLY.(I have not, as of this writing been able to figure out how to change this.) So, stop the service, do all the edits/steps I mention abov, but make sure you take STEP 8 and restart the server VIA THE SERVICES WINDOWS, then you will be sure that your server will start properly on subsequent executions. Reference: http://blog.passwordunlocker.com/how-to-reset-sa-password-if-sql-password-is-lostforgottenunknown/About the Author:

ych
I don't want the Beatles...just give me salmon Don't Get Stressed With Booklet Printing: Use These Easy Tools How To Save A Marriage - It's Not Too Late How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat - A Beginner's Guide Les Détecteurs D'alarmes Letting Go of the Smaller Stuff & Looking at the Bigger Picture Valentine's Day: From Saints to Ecards Let's Look At Some Detox Friendly Essential Oils Should Gordon Brown have used the 'C' Word? Car Rental With Special Needs Prevent And Treat Heartburn & Acid Reflux Before It Gets Out Of Control Want To Refurbish Your Vehicle For Enhanced Performance?pursue Aftermarket Auto Parts Decrease Belly Fat in 3-4 Weeks - A Proven Diet to Quickly & Naturally Shrink Belly Fat Fast!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.23.123) / Processed in 0.012571 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 4517, 952,