Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Hotel Injury Lawsuit in a Pro Se Fashion
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hotel Injury Lawsuit in a Pro Se Fashion

Question:

I was severely injured at a Georgia hotel. I am going to attempt to sue the hotel in a pro se fashion. In my state (Florida) the public can go onto a state web site that is responsible for hotel inspections and one can find out and view inspection reports for any hotel in the state. I can see which hotels were cited for violations, what the code violations were, and if the violations were classified as serious or moderate violations. I do not live in Georgia, but I have searched the Inet to find a site that would allow me to view hotel inspection reports so that I can see if this hotel had been cited for code violations that contributed to my injury...but I can't find any site that will allow me to do so. I can't even find out on the Internet which state agency in Georgia is responsible for hotel code inspections...Can you tell me if there is such a site where I can view hotel inspectors reports on any given hotel? Thank you. PS: I have read many of the answers you have provided to the public and I must say you impress me very much! Great service!

Answer:

Jeff, I am not aware of any site like the one your mentioning, but the information should be public records. I would probably start with the Department of Professional Regulation through the State. You should also look at county and city records as they are the ones that usually do the code inspections. If you cannot find it online, I would call Georgia's DPR, and call the code enforcement departments of the county and city in which the hotel sits. They can point you in the right direction.

I would caution you, though, on going pro se in a different state. It is hard enough to do in your own state, and I really don't recommend that either, but putting aside knowledge of the laws, you will most likely be required to appear in court from time to time. A suit will require a great deal of time, and possibly money, so it might be worthwhile to sit down now, before you file suit, and see whether you should retain counsel. I have seen many occasions where a judge admonishes a pro se plaintiff, or defendant, because the person did not know basic procedural rules, or rules of evidence.
John Staluppi Proud of National Kidney Registry's Recognition of Atlantic Auto Group Executives China's Auto Shop Automotive Supplies Business 4s Investigation (on) Affordable Auto Insurance - Save money on your auto insurance right Now How a Lie Can Defeat Your Injury Claim Simulation assurance auto Automotive SEO tips part eight – Social Media Automotive SEO tips part nine – SEO videos Meet Your Needs with Chicago Auto Dealerships Political Campaign exposure with RoboCall technology on G-Tel Solutions, Callfire, and VoiceShot Auto Dialers The Buyer and the Chicago Auto Sales Easy ways to save money on car insurance Cutting Down on Auto Insurance Costs What exactly is "Smoking" towards the Automotive Industry?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.238.76) / Processed in 0.012255 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2298, 952,