Heal Dental Caries Naturally - Part 2
Oral hygiene, remineralization toothpastes and alkaline nutrition can save your teeth
. The following ten steps may not only save one's teeth and gums, but also one's life. Why? Because many underlying causes of disease are affected as well.
1) Save your teeth with raw greens: There might be other options besides the "Factor X" butter oil to help maintain healthy teeth and heal dental problems. My theory is that if "Factor X" comes only from those cows lucky enough to be grazing in green grasses all day long, then why not simply add more greens to one's diet? It has been assumed by raw foodists for a long time that raw greens (high in vitamin K, chlorophyll and magnesium) such as lettuce and wheat grass juice can rebuild damaged teeth. There are also plenty of chlorophyll potions and supplements available in every health food store that might be of some benefit to tooth enamel.
2) Live mainly on a raw food, alkaline diet: Live mainly on a raw organic diet of fresh alkaline forming fruits, vegetables and greens high in chlorophyll (spring greens, lettuce, wheat grass juice, kale, collards, etc.) in the diet as well. It would make a lot of sense to learn all one can about how to identify and remove most acid-forming food from one's diet and learn how to live on a more alkaline-forming diet. One does not need to remove all acidic food from one's diet, as some are essential in small amounts. One needs to however be able to distinguish which are which so one can always benefit mainly from an alkaline forming diet which profoundly affects every aspect of the body, not just bones, teeth, saliva, and gums.
3) Supplement with extra calcium, minerals, A, D, E, K, antioxidants, etc: Supplementing the diet with coral calcium, one teaspoon of dolomite per 1.5 liters of ionized water (also add to juice, and make sure to have at least four grams calcium, two grams magnesium per day which is provided by 6 grams dolomite), liquid or granular lecithin(contains phosphorous in the form of phospholipids), raw greens (high in magnesium and vitamin K), kelp, a complete mineral supplement, and vitamin antioxidants such as vitamin A, C, bioflavonoids, vitamin D, E, the herb turmeric, circulation enhancing herbs such as cayenne and ginger, and especially large quantities of CQ10 and green tea will help maintain heathy teeth and protect the gums. Large amounts (more than 300 mg. a day) of the CQ10 might even help reverse gum loss. Gum disease can increase the presence of CRP (C-reactive protein) in the blood which is known to increase blood clotting, heart attacks and strokes. So for one's health, well being and longevity, one needs to have as little to do with gum disease as possible.
4) Avoid sodas, colas, beer and other acidic drinks: Of course avoid all beverages such as sodas, colas, beer, coffee, alcoholic/sugary beverages, and "foods" such as sweets, dried fruit, refined carbohydrates, cakes, cookies, and all other such nutritional catastrophes widely and sadly mistaken for nourishment or food. If one has to have something, it would be far better to enjoy a refreshing non-sweetened herbal tea such as green tea. Avoid the modern American diet (MAD) as much as possible! The common American habit of eating pizzas, hamburgers, and chips, while drinking beer, colas and pasteurized milk is spiritually, morally and physically disastrous. Instead please follow the nutritional guidelines discussed on this page and on other articles I have written on nutrition. Please also be aware that even the most healthy food and substances such as citrus fruit, lemons, lemon juice, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, acidophilus (essential for healthy digestion), vit. C crystals, and kombucha (recommended on other parts of my website) contain concentrated acidic substances that can remove tooth enamel if too much is consumed, too often. Never have snacks containing these substances, and never snack anyway, period. Have the kombucha, sauerkraut, etc. only as a small, but essential part of a main meal for flavor and better health, which should only be of benefit when part of a complete meal.
5) Use toothpastes containing only simple, healthy ingredients: After every meal, brush and soak teeth in a toothpaste containing CQ10, grapefruit seed extract, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), green tea, and calcium powder. "Periobrite" by "Nature's Answer" contains most of the above ingredients. This one and similar brands of toothpaste should be available in any health food store. However, avoid those products which contain fluoride which is a highly controversial substance. Fluoride only temporarily hardens enamel yet makes it even more susceptible to tooth decay later on and can be very toxic/fatal in large doses. Carefully brushing teeth, gums (and maybe tongue as well) after every meal is extremely important because brushing is essential for oral hygiene, brushing helps keep breath fresh, brushing prevents the build-up of unsightly stains, brushing helps to keep saliva more alkaline, and brushing removes particles of food that would otherwise quickly leave damaging acidic residue on teeth.
6) Remineralize your teeth with "NovaMin" (calcium sodium phosphosilicate): Thank God for calcium phosphate remineralization - For those who are seriously interested in rebuilding damaged and/or painful tooth surfaces there is a product called "Dr. Collins Restore Remineralizing Toothpaste" (contains NO fluoride) helps to rebuild tooth enamel by an ionic release of minerals essential for healthy teeth such as calcium, phosphorous, sodium and silica. NovaMin (Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate) releases fully active calcium and phosphorus ions when in contact with water. NovaMin provides a higher concentration of the same ions that are naturally found in saliva. After brushing, NovaMin particles adhere to the tooth surface and continues to release ions for hours afterward. This process ensures and enhances the natural self-repair of your tooth surface. It works for me and I am very happy with it. It is a surprisingly inexpensive product for what it claims to do, so no reason not to give it a try.
7) Take a nap to brush your teeth: Lying down on one's back while brushing after every meal allows one to spend much more time and causes one to be much more thorough. While brushing always brush away from the gums (never toward them!) and also try "vibrating" the toothbrush while directly pointing it at the teeth (especially tops of molars) to loosen the tartar that often builds up on teeth and to go deeper into the cracks between molars. After brushing (hopefully for several minutes) remove the toothbrush (which should always be soft, fine bristled, and as new as possible) and if you have some spare time, allow the remineralizing product to soak in the mouth for 15 to 30 minutes. Brush after every meal and not only that, brush thoroughly to remove all acidic forming residue, tartar and ugly looking stains.
8) Drink alkalizing water ("mineral milk") instead of snacking: In addition to carefully brushing with the above remineralizing toothpaste(s), drinking a mixture of one teaspoon of dolomite for every 1.5 liters of alkaline (negatively ionized) water between every meal instead of snacking should also be a great help because its high pH (power of hydrogen) balance of alkaline minerals and negatively ionized water temporarily neutralizes the acidic residues and byproducts from acidic foods and acid producing bacteria on teeth which are the main cause of dental caries. The habit of snacking between meals is the worse thing for teeth, especially when it is the usual sugary junk food and phosphoric/citric/carbonic acid sodas so often consumed. However if one "snacked" instead on alkaline water and minerals between meals, one's saliva is bound to become more alkaline. Also one may not tend to feel as hungry because of the neutralizing effect alkaline minerals and ionized water has on hunger.
9) Keep your saliva alkaline: I would like to mention one most important factor for keeping one's teeth healthy is always having alkaline saliva. The alkalinity of one's saliva can vary greatly from individual to individual and from time to time depending on one's diet, source of drinking water, and genetic background. The continuing existence of teeth in the mouth depends largely on the chemical composition and pH of one's saliva, which if too low (acidic) allows much more tooth decay to occur. Alkaline saliva helps to protect the tooth enamel from acidic residues and is always essential to have if one is serious about keeping one's teeth for life! The best way to make sure one has high pH (alkaline) saliva is to always take some good mineral supplements high in calcium such as the ocean product called coral calcium which contains not only an excellent source of calcium but also all the trace minerals essential for health.
10) Make sure protein intake is high: Ramiel Nagel makes it very clear that the best results happen with high complete (usually of animal origin) protein diet, especially after using protein from raw food animal sources. Vegetarians should at least eat more legumes, sesame seed, sunflower and pumpkin seed, raw eggs and more protein powder. This information may sound contradictory to having an alkaline diet, but not all protein is acid forming, some protein is needed to regulate acid/alkaline balance and is essential in the rebuilding of any injury including damaged teeth.
11) A serious and permanent commitment is essential: Natural dental health and the successful healing of and prevention of dental caries requires a life-long commitment. Results may vary and never expect overnight miracles. Teeth need months under the right conditions to regenerate and these conditions sometimes can be tricky to maintain even with the information I am presenting here. This information is in NO way whatsoever a substitute for emergency dental and/or medical treatment. It is sincerely hoped that the reader is intelligent enough to assume all responsibility for his or her decisions especially when trying a new approach. One must also commit to this program in its entirety without ever skipping any of it.
by: Russell Symonds
Heal Dental Caries Naturally - Part 3 Nhs Dental Treatments By Osborne Dental Practice How Long Does It Take To Have Porcelain Veneers Treatment? How To Turn Yellow Teeth White Without Going To The Dentist Medcare Dental And Vision Benefits Consider Invisalign Treatment For A Perfect Smile Dental Care For Kids Dental Consumables Market Across The Globe Dental Care Abroad: On The Go And Smiling Bright Achieve Great Smile With Teeth Whitening Process Painless Root Canal Treatment-way To Healthy Teeth Whats The Difference Between Cosmetic Dentures And Dental Bridges? Healthy Gums Through Green Tea