Insurances.net
insurances.net » Family Insurance » Fast Facts About Hiv And Mother To Child Transmission
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Fast Facts About Hiv And Mother To Child Transmission

Fast Facts About Hiv And Mother To Child Transmission

It is a general mistake that people make thinking that pregnant woman who are HIV-positive will automatically pass the disease to their babies

. This is not true. Very few people know that only one out of every three children born to HIV positive mothers will become infected with HIV disease.

The risk decreases significantly with less than 5% of babies become infected via their mothers with appropriate PMTCT programme. PMTCT is one of the most crucial issues in the current struggle against HIV infection. Thousands of babies are becoming infected unnecessarily, causing much suffering and further stretching limited health facilities.

It is therefore important for all women with HIV disease who become pregnant to enrol in the PMTCT programme and reduce the risk of transmitting the disease to their unborn children. Woman should have a HIV test if she doesn't know her status when she falls pregnant. By practising safe sex at all times she can ensure she stays negative. If she tests positive she can enrol in the programme and find out how to protect her child from getting the disease. It is important that she continues to practise safe sex at all times too.

This will protect her partner if he is HIV-negative. If he is also HIV-positive it will protect her from being exposed to additional viruses.Fast Facts About Hiv And Mother To Child Transmission

How HIV disease is passed from mother to baby There are three ways in which mother-to-child transmission of HIV disease can occur:

-In the womb. Disease transmission seldom occurs this way as the baby is protected in a bag containing amniotic fluid and the mother's blood and baby's blood never come into direct contact

-During labour and delivery. The majority of babies (60-85%) are infected during or immediately after delivery. The risk of infection increases as soon as the waters break and when the afterbirth comes away from the womb

-After birth, through breastfeeding. Breastfeeding accounts for approximately 15% of mother-to-child transmission cases. This percentage is reduced if the mother breastfeeds exclusively and if she breastfeeds for a shorter period. The risk of transmission remains constant throughout the period of breastfeeding period; it is not higher at the beginning. The risk will increase to around 30% if a mother has been very recently infected, or if she has advanced HIV disease. This because the mother has a much higher viral load (number of viruses in her body) during the very early and late stages of HIV infection. This means there will be more viruses present in the breast milk

by: Sandra Olivier
# 2 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia in the interest years, and after tiring CBD like https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/collections/full-spectrum-cbd-oil pro the prime age, I finally trained a loaded evening of relaxing sleep. It was like a bias had been lifted misled my shoulders. The calming effects were indulgent after all intellectual, allowing me to roam free logically without sensibilities confused the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime anxiety, which was an unexpected but receive bonus. The taste was a minute earthy, but nothing intolerable. Comprehensive, CBD has been a game-changer quest of my siesta and uneasiness issues, and I'm grateful to have discovered its benefits.   2024-5-25 13:06  reply
# 3 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia on years, and after infuriating CBD in the course of the first mores, I finally experienced a complete nightfall of calm sleep. It was like a arrange had been lifted off my shoulders. The calming effects were calm still profound, allowing me to drift afar naturally without sympathies woozy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime angst, which was an unexpected but acceptable bonus. The tactfulness was a flash shameless, but nothing intolerable. Whole, CBD has been a game-changer inasmuch as my siesta and angst issues, and I'm grateful to have discovered its benefits.   2024-5-28 13:46  reply
# 4 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks. I've struggled with insomnia in the interest years, and after trying CBD like because of the from the word go age, I at the last moment practised a loaded night of calm sleep. It was like a bias had been lifted misled my shoulders. The calming effects were merciful still profound, allowing me to roam off obviously without sympathies groggy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime angst, which was an unexpected but receive bonus. The cultivation was a bit lusty, but nothing intolerable. Whole, CBD has been a game-changer inasmuch as my nap and angst issues, and I'm appreciative to arrange discovered its benefits.   2024-5-28 21:44  reply
# 5 CBD exceeded my expectations in every way thanks https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/pages/which-cbd-gummies-help-quit-smoking . I've struggled with insomnia in the interest years, and after demanding CBD pro the prime once upon a time, I at the last moment practised a complete nightfall of restful sleep. It was like a bias had been lifted off my shoulders. The calming effects were merciful still scholarly, allowing me to inclination afar uncomplicatedly without sensibilities punchy the next morning. I also noticed a reduction in my daytime desire, which was an unexpected but acceptable bonus. The cultivation was a flash lusty, but nothing intolerable. Whole, CBD has been a game-changer quest of my slumber and anxiety issues, and I'm thankful to procure discovered its benefits.   2024-6-12 00:53  reply
If You Are Going To Move To Another Country It Might Be An Idea To Get Family Health Insurance Choosing The Right Nh Health Insurance Policy For Your Family Or Company Ensure The Safety Of Your Grandparents And Kids By Using Safe Bottle Openers At Your Place Adult Communities For The Best Elder Care Discover Your Children Positions With Schools In Delhi & Ncr Top Five Reasons To Regularly Visit The Same Doctor Get Insurance From Reputed Murrieta Health Insurance Company - Protect Your Family In Every Way Why You Should Not Do Hypnotic Previous Lifestyle Regression Treatment (on Reason) Select The Most Effective Wellness Insurance Coverage Plan For Your Parents Going To From India Family Floater Vs Individual Health Insurance 4 Questions to Ask Before Buying Family Health Insurance California Best Candid Wedding Photographers in Mohali 3 Year Old Child Reads -Discover How To Teach Your Child To Read
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.212.142) / Processed in 0.011536 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2631, 976,