Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter

Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter

The apostle Peter has taken a beating among denominationalists

. I would feel sorry for him save for the fact that I would be feeling for the wrong party seeing as how he was an inspired apostle of God and his antagonists are but mere flesh and blood men and totally uninspired.

It was not always the way it is today. For at least a few hundred years after his sermon in Acts 2 he was honored by those who proclaimed faith in God and belief in Christ as the Son of God. Today, however, men who claim Christianity pretty much just ignore his sermon that day for they do not like what he said and they no longer believe it.

Peter was given the keys of the kingdom of heaven by Jesus himself in Matt. 16:19, "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (NKJV) He used those keys on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2 for the first time, did so by preaching God's plan of salvation for man. I have never heard anyone argue against that point. It is considered an established fact by all as far as I know.

However, few to no denominationalists believe that what he said that day is bound in heaven thus fight against both Jesus and Peter. Wow! Is there no one they will not take on?Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter

On that day in Acts 2 when those to whom Peter spoke "were cut to the heart (by Peter's sermon - DS), and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (Act 2:37 NKJV) Peter responded to them by saying "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins." (Act 2:38 NKJV) Their faith was evident by their asking the question.

Denominationalists say Peter could not have meant what the words seem to be saying - that baptism is for the remission of sins. Hmmm! I thought he was inspired; I thought the Holy Spirit fell on him and the other apostles that day prior to the sermon. If so, and I thought it was, I thought God was capable of saying what he meant to say. Must have been wrong. But then Jesus did say that "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mar 16:16 NKJV)

But Jesus words are explained by our denominational friends. The reality of Mark 16:16 according to their interpretation is "He who believes and is not baptized will be saved." Ain't it wonderful how smart these guys are? They are like Catholic priests who claim they (the Catholic hierarchy) only have a true understanding of the scriptures (at least that was the old teaching and I suppose it is still true).

But, they would object and say I am misrepresenting them. They would say they never said that. Aren't things that are equal to the same thing also equal to each other? If they say baptism does not save us, has no role in doing so, one can be saved without it, they are saying "He who believes and is not baptized will be saved" object all day long if they will.

I guess maybe when I learn some day that the scriptures, Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, and others did not really mean what they had to say then maybe I can learn the truth. Hope so don't you?Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter

Poor Peter though for he never did get it right his whole life, if he could have just received some counseling by today's Christians (?) who are in the know. In Acts 10:48 he is again commanding people to be baptized at the house of Cornelius. "And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord." (NKJV) The gall of the man, commanding a non-essential.

Sadly, many years later (approximately 30) Peter is still preaching error according to denominationalists for he goes so far as to say now for a second time that baptism is for salvation (Acts 2:38 & 1 Peter 3:21). He says, "There is also an antitype which now saves us--baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 3:21 NKJV)

I am in a minority but I think I will just go with Peter's misunderstanding and let the denominationalists go their own way. If they are saving a seat for me this coming Sunday it will be free for someone else's use. I am sure they are nice enough people and people who mean well but at my age I cannot afford to go along with the crowd. I want to go with Peter. I'll just take a chance that he knew what he was talking about and that God is able to use language plain and clear enough that a simpleton like myself can understand. I will take him at his word.

by: Denny Smith
Five Ways To Tell You Shouldn't Get A Dog Orthopedic Pet Beds: Three Reasons You'll Want One As A Caring Pet Owner Rules For Carrying Pets,dogs,horses Other Live Animals And Birds Risk:- Escape To The San Diego Zoo- Wild Animal Park- Or Seaworld Petropolis Cidade Turistica Changing Your Dog's Diet Can Add Years to Their Life Shanghai Wild Animal Zoo- Going Wild In China My Dog Won't Listen To Me Pet Turtle Species - Exceptional Characteristics Of Various Turtles Pet Ferrets Are Available In Numerous Colors Cairn Terrier Basic Facts by:Alex de la Cruz The Brachycephalic Boston Terrier, Reverse Sneezing by:John P Jackson West Highland White Terrier Facts by:Alex de la Cruz
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.236.19.251) Islamabad / Islamabad Processed in 0.013194 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 4739, 969,
Denominationalisms Sin Against Peter Islamabad