Insurances.net
insurances.net » Medical Insurance » Choosing Medical Transcription as a Career by:Mila Sidman
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Choosing Medical Transcription as a Career by:Mila Sidman

Choosing Medical Transcription as a Career by:Mila Sidman

Medical transcription is one of those careers where you either hate it or love it

. I have been a medical transcriptionist for a long time and still love what I do. I enjoy the continuous learning, take pride in my work and think it's absolutely fantastic.

But, what will it be like for you?

If you're thinking about a career in medical transcription here are a few things to consider:

Do you enjoy working on your own? Choosing Medical Transcription as a Career by:Mila Sidman

Whether you work outside the home or from home, this is one career where you will have to be self disciplined. You are left to produce your own work and will not have someone looking over your shoulder.

Do you have a good grasp of the English language?

You will need to have a good understanding of English and grammar. Grammar you could learn through a class, but if you have trouble understanding spoken English then perhaps you could take a class to improve your language skills before starting your MT course.

Will I be able to sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time?

Medical transcription is all about typing. You will sit in front of a computer for hours at a time transcribing documents.

Do I need a social career?

Medical transcription isn't the most social career out there. You will network and meet other MTs but while you're working you will be on your own concentrating on your work, and you can't have a conversation while transcribing.

So whether you work from home or in an office, you really won't spend a lot of time involved with others while working.

Am I good researcher or willing to learn?

As an MT, you will really develop your researching skills and will become very resourceful! You will need to look up medications and terms you don't understand or can't clearly make out. This will take some thinking and resourcefulness on your part.

Will I be able to apply common sense?

You will find yourself in many situations as an MT where you really need to think outside the box. You will find yourself applying common sense on a daily basis. There is no precise 100% formula in medical transcription. Good common sense will really help you.

About the author

Mila Sidman is an experienced MT and owner of www.AskTheMT.com - an informative website dedicated to answering all your medical transcription questions.
How Hypnotherapy Birthing Techniques Began by:Anna Barrington C-Section versus Normal or Vaginal Birth by:James Pendergraft Family Medical Records | Medical Organizer | Medical Record Keeping Being Denied For Medical Insurance Coverage How Does Men Get Candida Infection Three Things To Look For When Purchasing Medical Products Online Starting A Home Care Business, Advertising Franchise, Non Medical Home Care North Carolina Student Medical Insurance Agencies Do-It-Yourself PR Kits Expand to Help Medical Businesses of Successful PR Campaigns The Reason You Should Get Medical Insurance In Australia Will My Medical History Affect My Application For Critical Illness Insurance? Why All Men Need To Know About Male Yeast Infection Aka Male Candida Infection Using A Medical Organizer To Maintain A Family Medical History
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.116.51.117) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.012020 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 2540, 963,
Choosing Medical Transcription as a Career by:Mila Sidman Atlanta