Challenges And Opportunities Of Mobile Application Development
The total sale of tablet and smartphones has crossed the mark of two million globally this year. Technology experts can be seen commenting that there will be more mobile devices and mobile applications than people in this world towards the end of the year. With all sections of the society, from enterprises & individual businessmen to students turning to mobile applications to get their work done, it comes as a challenge to a mobile apps developer to include better features, every time an app is introduced in the market. Let us take a look at some of the challenges and opportunities faced by enterprise application development, across the world.
The Challenge Posed to Mobile App Development:
The iPhone developers, iPad developers, etc. must understand that the mobile application users opt for an app that delivers a superior user experience. So, the challenging part for mobile development industry is to create apps that provide look & feel similar to what users get while using browser based applications. Whether the task entails checking of mails, watching weather forecasts, tracking sports updates, or social networking, a mobile apps developer must never forget to incorporate a native touch to new mobile apps.
The Opportunities of Mobile Application Development:
The ample opportunities offered by communication industry are the reason why mobile app developers are coming up with some of the most amazing applications. Moreover, there are some limitations with the laptop and desktop applications, which work in favor of the mobile applications. For instance, features like location tracking, messaging services, voice integration, and data services are available only to mobile app developers; they are not feasible for developers of apps for desktops & laptops.
The Relationship between the Mobile App Developer and the Application User
It is the app user & app developers relationship that governs the challenges and opportunities in the field of mobile application development:
1. A developer must ensure easy accessibility to all the applications created by him. This will help users save time, as they wont be required to use multiple hardware devices to access these applicationThe challenge for mobile app development companies is to create applications, which will be supported by several operating systems & mobile devices.
2. An app developer can ensure optimum user experience, if the application designed by him successfully works on minimal bandwidth and battery power.
3. The mobile app development company should be able to reinvent the its existing designs so that applications can run on mobile devices with varying screen sizes.
4. Users of mobile devices and applications prefer apps, which help them leverage hardware like cameras & motion detectors in their smartphones. Therefore, it is always great to design an application that uses all the hardware features of the device.
5. Easy localization of the hardware tools used in the app is important to implement features like fast downloading & creating payment gateways to enhance user satisfaction.
The software distribution channel has seen a revolution over the last five years. It has come out of its cocoon of image & ringtone sharing. It is a challenge for mobile application development companies to make proper use of the new opportunities coming their way for ensuring user experience.
by: Yancy Marry