Carry Out Ce Marking Of Your Boat With A Notified Firm
The Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) of European Union (EU) came into effect on 16 June 1998. In case, you are planning to sell your boat or other products, addressed under the recreational Craft Directive, in the EU market, then you must get a CE mark on them. CE (Conformit Europenne, meaning "European Conformity) is a conformance mark that is mandatory for many products to be placed in the European market.
If, you do not own a CE marking boat (ce-mrkning bt), it is suggested to contact some notified firms and ask them to begin the certification process. A proper certification will help you in smooth trading practices across the EEA (European Economic Area). The marking process can be performed in two modes. The first one is contacting a firm, providing certification service, under a notified body, and the second is self certification mode.
The later mode of CE marking boats (ce-mrkning btar) includes the following steps:
1. Searching the web for a notified firm that carries out CE marking and apply to them with the details of your product.
2. After receiving your request, the firm perform a test of your product to determine if it complies with the directive.
3. They make a report for modifications, if required. Else, send you the data plate and certification. A number, connecting with the notified firm, will be fixed with the CE data plate.
4. If you receive the details for modifications, you are required to implement them, and again send the conformance to the firm regarding the changes that you made. This is required to get a CE marking boat (ce-mrkning bt).
5. After you get the CE label on your product, ship it freely to the EU market. Always, remember to carry a copy of signed declaration, technical construction file and instruction booklet for safe use.
The steps included in the self-certification process are different. You need to search the directives applicable to your product and then perform the tests by yourself. It should be noted that products with high risk can not be self certified.
CE marking boats (ce-mrkning btar) are considered passport to sail on the European water bodies. However, if no directive is applicable on your product, you cannot CE mark it. The services of a genuine authority are required to get a certification. An individual, whether a manufacturer or importer, can search the web to find a certification firm. The right firm can be contacted by sending a brief write up about your product.
by: Mc Williams