Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » Best Single Action For Successful Job Change
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Best Single Action For Successful Job Change

Job change is the new workplace reality. Whether its voluntary or involuntary, an ever increasing number of us must learn to make effective job changes quickly in order to protect and promote our careers.

Some of the pressures to change jobs are external. For example, many professional jobs, anything that can be routinized or automated, including IT as well as accounting, law, or finance are being outsourced to firms in Asia, especially India and China, but also Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Some of the pressures are internal. In North America, the number one workplace disability is depression and related mental/mood disorders, which forces many workers to voluntary seek a job change to protect their well-being.

Whatever the reason, there will be increasing pressure on many of us to develop skills and abilities to change not only jobs but careers in the forseeable future. Best Single Action For Successful Job Change

A major research study employing 7725 participants and 62 career intervention studies (Brown, Ryan & Krane 2000), concluded that the number one critical ingredient for improving the effectiveness of career decision-making was written exercises and workbooks.

In other words, you can write your way into your right work. One of the most effective writing exercises to help you identify job options is a story right under your nose... well, behind your nose actually! Stored in your brain are memories about events and activities you truly enjoyed in life since childhood.

We all have natural talents and motivations. We are all unique in what makes us productive and happy. But, if our individual strengths are never identified early in life by the significant people around us -- such as parents, teachers, peers, coaches -- then our talents never get validated. We never acquire a sense of our personal power. We might feel unworthy of telling our story. Our reasoning goes something like this, "My life hasn't amounted to much, and I've never done anything really interesting."

Not true. Even trivial and mundane activities can reveal riches of information about your natural talents and motivations. That is why I wrote a book to help individuals just like you to mine the gold of their life story. This book is designed to help you answer the question: "What careers or jobs will recognize, reward and motivate me in a way that is financially viable and makes a real contribution?"

The power of your stories is in the facts, people, and events of your life. These stories are like veins of gold that run through your life. Mining gold, however, involves moving a lot of ore with tools and equipment to get at that precious metal. Similarly, mining the veins of gold in your life is easier when you use a tool that separates the wheat from the chaff. Focus only on what you found particularly enjoyable or consistently satisfying in those events/activities. Don't psychologize yourself, stick to the facts, tell the story.

Tip # 1. Do a quick inventory from your childhood years (ages 6-12), then your teen years (ages 13-19), then your young adult years (ages 20-29), then your thirties, then forties, and so on. In each period, there are specific examples. Create a shortlist of your top 8 most enjoyable events.

Tip # 2. Write about what is important to you, not what you did to please others. Above all, be brutally honest about what is you truly enjoyed, as opposed to what you are proud of achieving. For example, many people get high grades in school in order to please their parents, not because they get intrinsic satisfaction from studying or doing homework.

Tip # 3. It actually makes it easier to tell the story if you stick to a proven format, like the one outlined in this video. Write a headline for your story, one that captures the essence of it. Then explain how you got involved in that activity/event, e.g. did you initiate it, did somebody invite you to participate, was it assigned to you? Then explain in details what you did as an individual or as part of a team: "I did this, then I did that, then I did this." Describe what was particularly enjoyable or consistently satisfying about that activity or event. What really stimulated you? What were you doing when you had a sense of flow or lost all sense of time performing a certain task? Finally, why did you stop doing it, e.g. it had a natural end, or your interests changed, or the group folded.

Tip # 4. The next step is to have those stories mined for the vein of gold that runs through them. A personal story assessment can answer in very clear, concise and meanginful terms the questions: What are the natural talents you use and consistently bring satisfaction to you when you are doing what you enjoy most and doing it well? What is the subject matter that you gravitate to without even trying? What circumstances or conditions have to exist in the job environment to bring out the best in you? How do you naturally build relationships with others? How do these success factors combine to create an essential motivation; that is, the thing you are best at and best suited for in terms of work?Best Single Action For Successful Job Change

Tip # 5. Make the connection to the real world of work. The answers to these questions can be mapped into an Individual Passion Pattern made up of your Key Success Factors. Then this accurate and reliable picture of your right work can be developed into an Ideal Job Description and matched to specific opportunities in the world of work. It should link your motivational pattern with specific jobs in specific work settings that will recognize, reward and motivate you for what you do naturally and effortlessly.

Tip #6. Find others who have done it. We all need models and support when we go through significant changes in our lives. In my e-book for example, you can follow my story and the stories of dozens of clients who are no different than you, except that they wrote about times in their lives when they were doing what they enjoyed most at work, but especially outside of work. It features dozens of individuals who made successful job changes to better jobfits, sometimes very different ones: from software developer to dog groomer, from youth pastor to locomotive engineer, from electrical engineer to music therapist.

Writing out stories about events and activities you truly enjoyed is a proven process that has helped thousands of people just like you translate their natural talents and motivations into rewarding and lucrative jobfits!

by: G.Dutch
Air Conditioning Repair: Is It A Diy Job? First Posting Of My Job In Mysore The Job Of An Electrical Engineer Exterior Paint Job: More Than Just Looking Good Get Your Dream Job On Ship Calgary Staffing Companies: Finding The Best Job Candidates When Looking For Employment Individuals Must Add The Use Of A Freejobalert Job Opportunities In Middle East & Gulf Job Openings In Mumbai Click2resume Opening The Door To Opportunities For Job Seekers Reputed Company Training Will Help You To Get More Job Opportunity How Stop Loss Insurance Protects Employees? How To Get Job Through Consultancy Firms
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.224.33.93) / Processed in 0.014155 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 6613, 968,