Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury

Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury

It takes a while to get used to running barefoot

. First, your soles simply aren't used to hitting the ground bare. You will wince at every little rock and pebble as you are getting started.

Then, your feet will have to get used to not having the 'support' of high-tech running shoes, and while this is a good thing in the long run, it can be painful in the short run while you are learning barefoot running.

Even if you don't have to deal with cartilage coming apart and reforming, you will almost certainly have to deal with your feet strengthening gradually as you practice barefoot running, and a completely different way of moving your foot and working your bones and muscles in the process. This can take it's toll.

I found while doing my running barefoot training in preparation for my barefoot run across America that my feet would often become swollen and sore during my barefoot runs, and often when I came in from a run they would swell even more. Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury

The problem with letting your feet remain swollen is it is not good for them - it hinders their recovery and can lead to further injuries if allowed to continue. You really want to take the swelling down in your feet when barefoot running as quickly as possible, and keep it down.

Ice is the best way to do this, and has worked some miracles for me in my running barefoot both during training and during my run across the country.

Here is how to use ice to keep the swelling down in your feet (and even better, prevent them from swelling in the first place) when barefoot running:

Fill a tub with ice water after coming in from running barefoot, and put my feet in it for at least 15 minutes.

On long runs (over 45 minutes or so) have a van come along behind with a cooler of ice water in the back, and then stop and plunge your feet into the ice water every few miles to keep any potential swelling away.

Freeze some "ice pops" in the freezer (like the kind you use to make your own popsicles with as a kid) and use them to do some "point" ice massage - rub the ice wherever your feet are sore or swollen after going running barefoot.

Fortuantely I have a van and a support crew that comes along with me while barefoot running across the country, that is why I am able to put my feet in the ice bath even during my runs, and that has saved my feet from some serious damage so far. You may very well not have access to a support crew or vehicle while you are barefoot running, but you can have a tub of ice water all ready for when you get home.

After you get back from running barefoot, the last thing you want to do is go the the trouble of setting up an ice bath - and the first thing you want to do is collapse on the couch. This way you can collapse on the couch - with your feet in an ice bath that you prepared before going barefoot running.Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury

Using ice therapy in this way has allowed me to keep running barefoot for many more miles than you would have been able to without it. It's a barefoot running lifesaver, and most people wouldn't have believed it themselves except that they know how badly their feet did before they tried it - someitnes, when a person first starts running barefoot they can have terrible problems with swelling, until they began using this kind of ice therapy eery time thye went out barefoot running.

So it is highly recommend you use ice right when you start - don't wait until you get injured to make ice baths and ice massage a normal part of your running barefoot routine.

Important! Before you start running barefoot: You also need to know about knee injuries and barefoot running as well as how to alter your stride to the correct running form (it's different than shoe stride).

by: Tellman Knudson
How To Avoid 3 Common Barefoot Running Injuries Tips To Select Best Insurance Policy With Auto Insurance Quotes Finding A Good Deal On Auto Insurance For Teenagers BC Car Insurance Overview A Need For Forestry Trucks Are You Looking for Auto Insurance? Buy Auto Cash Funnel - Auto Cash Funnel Review - Do "guru's" lie? Insurance: What Is Car Excess Understanding Car Insurance Cover Bucket trucks for sale should be in good condition The Benefits Of Getting An Auto Insurance Quote Saving Money On Young Drivers Car Insurance Michigan Insurance cover a must for every car owner
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.91.255.225) Virginia / Ashburn Processed in 0.013130 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3900, 952,
Barefoot Running: How To Use Ice To Prevent Injury Ashburn