Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » An Unique First Car Insurance Experience
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

An Unique First Car Insurance Experience

I received an interesting email from one of my readers and she is discussing her personal experience with getting insurance. I think it's worthwhile to take a look into it.

I can't say I have always been the safest driver, in my earlier years I actually had a little bit of road rage. But I do obey the driving laws and regulations even though I have had my own share of traffic violations like most people. I have had a few speeding tickets in the past, which were not necessarily very expensive to pay, but the cost increase in insurance was definitely the bigger problem.

When I was in school, I didn't have the need for my own insurance policy. My grandmother barely drove her car and she lent it to me anytime I wanted it. Because I got married, I no longer lived with my grandmother and I had to get my own insurance plan. Because insurance is required by law, I could not avoid this cost.An Unique First Car Insurance Experience

I made an appointment to talk to an insurance agent once my name change was legal through the Department of Transportation. While discussing with the broker the options that I had, I was a little bit uneasy. She had a very concerned expression on her face while she was looking at my record. It could not be good. She informed me the unexpected: that I would have a pretty high insurance rate due to my past.

Luckily, there were several things that I could do to lower my insurance rates. I was not eligible for a for a property insurance because I did not have my own house. My renters insurance did manage to get me a small discount however.

I was able to get a few other discounts such as having multiple cars, a fuel efficient car discount and a good student discount. She also stated that if I could be accident and ticket free for a full year, she could give me a little discount. All these discounts saved me over one hundred dollars a month!

That is when she threw in the hardest question of all- how much money do I want to save? Clearly, it was as much as possible. She told me that if I just insure my license and not my car, I could save another $500 a year. While it does sound really good, my car would not be protected in the event of an accident.

Insuring my license would allow me to drive in any car that I wanted to but was not going to give me any protection in the car that I was driving. As a result of having only one single car that I drive and it was brand new, I didn't want to risk losing my investment.
Injury Prevention Advice for Younger Hockey Players Auto Finance- Choose The Best Austin Auto Insurance Houston Auto Insurance Examining The Facts Investing In Auto Performance Parts How to clean automotive floormats Information Of Buy autobiographies Auto Traffic Hijack - Will It Be Any Good? How Auto Dealers Can Use Facebook To Attract Customers Things To Consider When Comparing Car Insurance Why You Should Compare Car Insurance Quotes How Does An Auto Defrost Fridge Or Freezer Work? Why Women Pay Lower Auto Insurance Premiums
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(44.210.240.31) / Processed in 0.011918 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2576, 952,