Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » Almost Had A College Degree, What Job Shall I Aim For?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Almost Had A College Degree, What Job Shall I Aim For?

Theres the rub. You nearly got to the platform of glory, but for some unfortunate reason, you have to stop pursuing your bachelors and look for a job. Of course, you cant expect to win in a competition of a pool of hundred college graduates, but you dont want to end up low in a blue collar job along with the high school graduates either. So what do you do?

#1 Research and learn from others

And congratulations, youve already done the first step! Fooling aside, its really smart of you to refer to the great World Wide Web to know what to expect from your current situation. If you could get even luckier, ask some friends and relatives who are also undergraduates. Chances are, once youve got the idea of a fitting work for you, you can narrow your job search to more realistic positions.

#2 Stand along with Associate GraduatesAlmost Had A College Degree, What Job Shall I Aim For?

You cant deliver a decent application if you dont classify yourself. In your case, the safest is to level yourself along with the associates title holders. Though you have longer years of study than they do, both of you are in between the bums and the buffs, idiomatically speaking of course. Aim for secretarial, clerical, and assistant posts, they are the most attainable choice for you. However still, secure your edge over the others. Almost a college degree is still better than not a college degree. Assert your advantage by showing that you have some stock knowledge in what the professionals are doing just in case it comes in handy for your work.

#3 Dont lie

Youve been applying to various employers for two reasons: first, because they are looking for ideal associate grads or college undergrads to fit in the post; second, because you match their qualifications. So why will you bother altering facts about your academic background? And even if youre applying for a post that requires college degree, you still dont need to utter a fib if you really believe that you have what it takes to do the task except for a wretched piece of paper they call diploma. No, lying is not useless - it is harmful to your career.

#4 Put emphasis on specific knowledge about the field

Heres one good thing about entering college (even if you have gone off too soon) - youve got more than the required knowledge in the companys processes. Say, youre applying as a clerk in an accounting firm? Let them see that you also have the technical knowledge aside from the ability to organize files and answer clients calls.

Not having to attain your degree does not mean that you cant have a decent professional niche. Sometimes all it takes is cunning and some confidence. Imagine, there are a lot worse situations out there. If you almost finished a college degree, it doesnt just mean that you lack some semester over the college grads; it also means that you got some extra years of learning over the associate grads.

Relax, not being able to attain the bachelors is better than not taking it at all. Case in point you forget that youre luckier than the others. Heck, remember kick-outs, and felons, and the disabled persons before thinking that theres not much job in store for you.

by: Kate Ross Myers
Hoist Repair 101: How To Perform The Job With Extreme Care Finding a trustworthy property agent in Pakistan - a tough job How to Success On The Job Many Now Need a Job Respirators: Essential while doing job Three Great Ways to Keep Moving While in a Cubicle Job Are You Struggling With A Dead Job Job in the Sun Manual I Lost My Job, What Are My Next Steps? How Foolproof Is Your Employee Insurance Plan? Consulting… A Great Job Am I on the Perfect Job? Being a Police Officer- A Demanding Job
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.135.86) / Processed in 0.012907 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3333, 968,