Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Will My Insurance Company Pay For My New Windshield?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Will My Insurance Company Pay For My New Windshield?

Will My Insurance Company Pay For My New Windshield?

Windshields are very critical components in vehicles

. Now only do they block the wind, they also protect you from flying debris and hail. Drivers do not realize the importance of having a windshield until their windshield is damaged. While these glass components are very strong and sturdy, they are far from indestructible. Flying rocks are probably the windshield's biggest nemesis. If the rock strikes your windshield just right, it can cause a chip or a crack that will eventually spider across the entire surface if the issue is not fixed in a timely manner. If you have windshield damage, it is time to learn how you can ask your insurance company to pay for your auto windshield replacement. Before you call the glass company, understand how your insurance works and do not pay for windshields replacement out-of-pocket if you do not have to.

When Will Your Insurance Company Pay to Replace Your Windshield?

When a rock suddenly breaks or cracks your windshield, one of the first things that will go through your mind is "Just how much is this going to cost me?". In a turbulent economy, consumers are trying to cut costs as much as possible so they can pay their bills and still have money left over for emergencies. While paying for auto windshield replacement is not the emergency you were planning for, it is an emergency nonetheless.

Replacing your windshield does not have to cost you a small fortune if you have the right type of insurance on your vehicle. Unknown to many, insurance policies do have a coverage area specifically for glass breakage. This coverage is called comprehensive and it also covers things like fire, vandalism, and other damages caused by hail and wind. If you carry full coverage on your vehicle or even just comprehensive coverage, your insurer will cover a vehicle claim to repair or replace your existing windshield.

Do You Have to Pay Anything When You Have Comprehensive Coverage?

There will be instances where you do have to pay a small amount out-of-pocket even when you have full coverage on your vehicle. You need to review your policy and see what your comprehensive deductible is. Some policyholders have a $0 deductible and others have a deductible as high as $500. If you have chosen a high $500 deductible, auto windshield replacement will generally cost less and you will pay for the entire replacement out-of-pocket. If your deductible is $50, you will only pay $50 for a new windshield that may have cost you $300 without coverage.

If you are worried about filing a claim for windshields replacement on your policy, do not fret. Insurance companies cannot surcharge you or raise your rates for comprehensive claims. This means you will never be penalized for the claim. Make sure you call a glass company that will file the claim for you so you do not have to deal with any paperwork. Choose the best windshield products and then drive off with a new windshield free of cracks and chips.

by: Keith Puetz
Effective Advice On Unemployment Insurances In San Jose Does Your Business Need Professional Indemnity Insurance Cover What Is A Finance/contract Hire/ Lease Gap Insurance Policy? How To Become An Insurance Adjuster Landlords Insurance For Buildings And Contents. Good Christmas Gifts Exactly For This X-mas Season Suspended Licensetexas Insurance: Sr 22 Insurance A Necessity For Reinstatement! Security National Insurance If You Are A Teacher Then You Need Teachers Insurance. Tips for Buying Wedding Rings Online Alfa Romeo Insurance Quote Will Guide You Properly For Best And Effective Insurance Alfa Romeo Gta Insurance Will Be Acceptable For You A Relaxed Trip To The Usa With Visitors Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.140.198.173) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.012132 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3038, 975,
Will My Insurance Company Pay For My New Windshield? Ann Arbor