Insurances.net
insurances.net » Accident Insurance » What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury

What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury

Whiplash is a very common injury sustained by children and adults alike and whilst

most people who have sustained a whiplash injury decide to make a claim for whiplash injury compensation, not everyone makes this choice. Likewise, not all parents of children who have been injured in accident choose to pursue a claim for compensation on behalf of their child - often parents are more concerned with getting their child back to a full state of health and putting the, probably distressing, matter behind them. So what happens if you had an accident as a child and sustained a whiplash injury but, for whatever reason, your parents or carers decided not to make a claim on your behalf? Is there anything you can do and are you out of time for making a claim? This article seeks to answer this question.

The important fact to note here is the limitation date regarding whiplash injury claims. The limitation period refers to the amount of time you have, following an accident, to make a claim for compensation. The normal rules, where an adult has been injured in an accident is that the accident victim has 3 years from the date of the accident in which to pursue a claim. If the 3 year time limit passes and either a claim for compensation has not been made and settled, or if court proceedings have not been issued, then the accident victim will be prevented in law from making a claim (also referred to as the claim being statute barred).

If a child is injured in an accident the parent or carer at the time of the accident can decide to act as the child's 'Litigation Friend' and can make a claim for whiplash injury compensation on the child's behalf. When the amount of compensation has been agreed between the parties, and approved by a Judge, the money will be placed into a court fund until they reach the age of 18.

However, in the case of an injured child the three year limitation period, discussed above, does not start running until the child reaches the age of 18. This means that any child who has suffered a whiplash injury and whose parents or carers decided not to pursue a claim on their behalf, has until their 21st birthday by which to either have made and settled a claim or to have issued court proceedings. What To Do If Injured In An Accident As A Child But You Did Not Make A Claim For The Whiplash Injury

If you find yourself in this position, i.e. you have not yet reached your 21st birthday and have not yet taken any steps to make a claim for the whiplash injury you sustained as a child, you should contact an expert whiplash solicitor as soon as possible. Unfortunately, if you are over the age of 21 the limitation period will have expired and you will be prevented by law from making a claim.

Copyright (c) 2011 Robert Gray

by: Robert Gray
# 2 I recently tried cbd thc oil after the prime time and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Initially skeptical, I initiate that it significantly helped with my anxiety and be in the land of nod issues without any noticeable side effects. The fuel was easy to utter, with clear dosage instructions. It had a mild, vulgar liking that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked improvement in my overall well-being, instinct more blas‚ and rested. I know the ingenuous technique to wellness CBD offers and representation to at using it.   2024-2-20 15:21  reply
What To Expect From Insurance Companies When It Comes To Accidents? Finding The Most Beneficial Accident Sickness Insurance For You Personal Accident: A Must For Everyone Accident Injurys Need To Be Discussed With An Auto Accident Injury Attorney Car Accident Attorney: When To Hire One Best Rancho Mirage Romantic Places and Places for Romance by Rancho Mirage Truck Accident Lawyer Sebastian Gibson Using The Services Of An Auto Accident Attorney In Los Angeles: Points You Ought To Know About 3 Bad Practices After An Automobile Accident How A Nevada Motorcycle Accident Attorney Deals With Insurance Companies Best Factors Of Automobile Accidents Have An Auto Accident Lawyer Available Motorcycle Accident Claim - How Do I Stop The Insurance Company From Cheating Me? Find Good Accident Lawyer Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.228.239.171) / Processed in 0.005494 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2760, 974,