Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » What Options Are Available For The Treatment Of Adhd
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Options Are Available For The Treatment Of Adhd

The diagnosis for AD/HD is confirmed what are the treatment options

? Difficult choices that every parent in this situation has to make and the outcome of threat choice will affect their child's future for ever more - what do you do? Take advice? Listen to those who know or have trodden this path before you? Well the first thing is to brave the 2 camps - those who will tell you that conventional medication is the only effective way to improve your child's behavioural issues and those who denounce this approach in favour of alternative natural treatments - so the ball is back in your court. What next?

Providing the drug is checked for possible problems, they can work for some children. However for many they can create worse problems in health and behaviour with as many as I in 4 children having either a negative reaction or failing to show an improvement to the prescribed medication.

Statistic are one powerful way of highlighting the issues but I consider what is now more powerfully persuasive, are families' personal experiences to illustrate the point. Here is a letter I have recently received from a mom who chose to go down the medication route with her child:

"Just wanted to give you some feedback on my son. After 2 months on Ritalin & Risperdal, I've taken him off them both. Took him to my general practitioner when he was battling to walk, cried in pain when I touched him and visible bruises on his arms, legs and ankles. After testing blood got a working diagnosis - meds causing these problems. Stopped meds and he's fine!!!

Another piece of recent alarming research that has just been released is that 1 in 3 children diagnosed with ADHD were found to have been misdiagnosed and had other conditions. This can include : traumatic events, undiagnosed learning disorders, depression and anxiety, food intolerances, Petit mal seizures, Middle ear infection etc

Treatment options are as effective as the accuracy of the diagnosis. There are no effective clinical diagnostic tests for AD/HD other than subjective behavioural symptom checklists. These are unreliable! An approach that is monitored for its effectiveness if it is a natural approach, and for side- effects if it is a medication approach is a baseline for any treatment option. The preferred route that many are now travelling, at least as a first approach is through a natural and holistic integrated way forward due to the potential harmful effects of the conventional medication route and the cost prohibitive implications of extended medical treatments which creates problems with dependency issues.

by: Steve Porter
Natural Treatments For Psoriasis Ways To Treat Mesothelioma Cancer Read Now Excessive Perspiration Treatment - What Can You Do? Treatment Methods For Rheumatoid Arthritis Placenta Previa: Complication and Treatment Wart Treatment The Emotional Effects Of Cancer Zofran Is Used For Preventing Nausea And Vomiting Due To Cancer Chemotherapy Or Surgery Breast Cancer How You Can Help? The best treatment for a bulging disc What Is Botox Calgary Treatment? The Many Ways Of Supporting Breast Cancer Diagnosed With Breast Cancer You Are Not Alone
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.143.9.115) / Processed in 0.011344 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2703, 301,
What Options Are Available For The Treatment Of Adhd