Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » What Compensation Could I Get For My Personal Injury?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

What Compensation Could I Get For My Personal Injury?

What Compensation Could I Get For My Personal Injury?

What Compensation Could I Get For My Personal Injury

?

Compensation is awarded to place the injured party back into a position that is as equivalent to that which they would have been in if the accident had never occured. There are several different elements which can be compensated.

Damages for financial loss suffered:

People who have suffered a personal injury can experience a variety of different financial losses, such as, the injury could mean that they are unable to work and depending on their employment contract they may not be entitled to time off with full pay. There could also be the cost of additional visits to a physiotherapist or occupational therapist in order to rehabilitate the individual as the initial course of treatment which is funded by the NHS may not be sufficient. If the individual has to make frequent trips to and from the hospital, they will also be able to recover the cost of this travel.

Damages for the injury itself:

You are entitled to be paid damages for the pain, suffering, any inconvenience and loss of quality of life which results from the injury. This is the case even if you have not suffered any financial loss.

The Lord Chief Justice has commissioned a comprehensive list of hundreds of different injuries and conditions, organised into categories, which sets out the appropriate amount of compensation which should be paid for each. These amounts are used as the starting point for working out the compensation due in each individual case and both sides will then argue for the compensation being reduced or increased from this starting point based on any factors which are unique to the case. For example, a particularly complicated and painful fracture would allow more compensation than a standard fracture.

If your injury causes you particular inconvenience or loss of quality of life which would not be experienced by most other people with the same injury, then you will be entitled to additional compensation to reflect this. For example a shoulder injury which will never fully heal would be more problematic for someone who is a keen amateur rugby player than for the average person.

Future expenses and loss of earnings:

When deciding how much compensation to award for future expenses and for your reduced ability to earn, the court will first calculate the annual value of these financial losses and will then multiply this to arrive at a figure which should adequately compensate you for the rest of your life. The court uses a special actuarial table for working out the appropriate multiplier to use and there are separate tables for men and women. These tables take into consideration average life expectancy and the probability that you will be involved in an accident or contract an illness which causes you to die before you have reached your life expectancy. These tables also take into account the reduction in compensation which is appropriate given that you will be receiving a lump sum payment and will be able to invest this to your advantage and earn a profit on your investment.

Property damages

Sometimes a person suffering a personal injury sustains damage to their property or possessions during the accident and is entitled to compensation for this. Damage to clothes, jewellery and personal electronic devices or appliances can all be compensated.
Planning That Windy City Trip? Follow These Tips On How To Score Nab Windy City Excursion Deals Trading Startegy For Making Profit With Penny Stocks All Of The Best Tips For A Great Wedding Going For Online Mba Courses Planning A Holiday? Brighton Hotels Could Be Just What You Need Making Money Online With Pay Per Click Management Tips On The Most Usefullness Of Sheds And Pre Built Sheds Design Winter Chic Wedding! Woman Dream Wedding English courses in London A Look At Online Flower Delivery Services Grandparents Visiting From the Philippines Tactical Zip Boots For Men From Top Brands Saving Money On Your Familys Expenses
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.193.207) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012997 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3440, 975,
What Compensation Could I Get For My Personal Injury? Amsterdam