Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Truck Parts For Older Pickups -- Disappearing?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Truck Parts For Older Pickups -- Disappearing?

Author: Alan Bullington

Truck parts prices change partly by supply and demand just like anything else. It's been my observation that parts prices and availability for Chevy, Ford and Dodge trucks have been such that driving old trucks "forever" worked well. Sheer numbers of these trucks on the road guaranteed a supply of used truck parts plus a demand for new parts too. However with the closing of many parts plants, doesn't it make you wonder where the parts will come from to keep older trucks on the road. Spare parts for older trucks often were made in batches on regular production equipment and then stored until there was a call for a part. At that time the part was shipped from inventory and then at some point the inventory level triggered an order for another run of parts to be produced. I drive a 1976 Chevy C10 with about 50,000 miles on it. Can you imagine going back just that far how many pickup part numbers have been built just for Chevrolet trucks? The number is in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. All parts must be tracked and the manufacturing data available for these parts to be produced when needed. In addition, production tooling and equipment must be ready and on hand to make parts when the existing stock drops to the reorder level. My guess is that at some point in time some pieces of the truck parts system will just report that the parts requested are not available. Already my review of the GM online parts site shows it stops well short of the 1976 model year. That probably means a decision to drop older parts inventories and manufacturing has already been made, maybe. That may mean that after-market parts makers will step in to fill the gap. Probably only if tooling up to make parts is justified by a proven demand for a certain volume of pieces. Otherwise, the investment is not justified. Truck parts for older American pickups have historically been relatively cheap and easy to get. That may change as the auto industry changes. That means many serviceable and valuable vehicles will die an early death from lack of affordable service parts. That surely seems like a shame. About the Author:

Al Bullington writes about his pickup truck projects. Check out his newest website about the underrated option for protecting pickup beds, truck bed mats.

See http://TruckBedMats.net for tips to get the best bed mats for pickup truck protection.
Pickup Truck Bed Liner Options Truck Bed Cover -- Soft Covers Truck Beds -- Dealing With Damage In Bible versus Quran: Carry out the Lord's Vengeance on the Midianites Keep Your HID Kit peeled for These Female R&B Singer Comebacks Pt. 1 Keep Your HID Kit peeled for These Female R&B Singer Comebacks Pt. 2 Govt denies Yar'Adua's death, pressure mounts A Perfect Night's Rest With An Electric Blanket Twitter Sceptics Changing Their Opinion After Discovering How To Get Tons of Followers On Autopilot! RegCure Legit Version - Don't forget this ! I Can't Get Over My Ex And Leave Her Alone Can I Save My Marriage Before It's Too Late and My Partner Decides to Leave? Mercedes SLS AMG - Germany's Wonder Car
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.219.49) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.005102 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 6 , 2634, 952,
Truck Parts For Older Pickups -- Disappearing? Pirapozinho