Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » These People Explained To Me I Had Been Insured... Although The Police Say Totally Different!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

These People Explained To Me I Had Been Insured... Although The Police Say Totally Different!

These People Explained To Me I Had Been Insured... Although The Police Say Totally Different!

Driving a motor vehicle without any insurance cover in place really is a motoring

offence which is certainly one that you should do your very best not to be liable for but yet is incredibly straightforward to be in default of. It could be that you've done the right thing and bought either short term car insurance or something that is even more permanent: however, simply because you've obtained cover doesnt necessarily indicate that you are individually covered for the vehicle and/or the purpose in question. Lets have a look at this further together in the paragraphs that follow.

You may be an avid Do-it-yourself fanatic and also be the type of person who likes very much to make sure that you keep up to date with every one of your domestic tasks. Additionally, as is usual, that passion for everything Do it yourself could quite possibly have also been noted by your family, acquaintances, next door neighbours, colleagues and others within your social circle. They may as a consequence on occasion request you to undertake some work for them on a cash basis. Picture the following: you are driving merrily home from what has become your favourite local stockist of do it yourself stuff having picked up some things to assist a relative with a task they need completing but you are stopped by the local constabulary - you tell the police that you're fully insured but unfortunately having confessed that you are doing fee based work they double check the position via their database and it is shown that you are definitely not indemnified in respect of commercial use - it's very possible that they well charge you for the driving without insurance offence pursuant to s143 Road Traffic Act 1988.

Let us look at a different situation: you understood and as well were advised in writing via your insurance broker that you are actually covered by insurance albeit that this verification was by way of an automatic response received at the time you had found cover using the internet but then when you are actually involved in an accident and need to make use of the insurance cover you are informed that the policy was terminated earlier. You are hands down therefore at that point without insurance either through a short-term car insurance policy or indeed a longer term one. You have committed a driving offence. Not a lot of people would consider this as being a particularly fair scenario to find yourself in and we would agree with that view.

Nonetheless, check out the following additional information: you're a young driver and as a result have not been in the driver's seat of a car for too long and so are perceived by the insurance companies as being high risk. Of course they can factor this in to a large degree by adding a higher premium but they also might prefer certain precautions in place particularly if you are actually purchasing over the internet.What they may accordingly request you to do is send over your no claims bonus substantiation and a certified copy of the logbook i.e. evidence that you actually own the motor car you are planning to insure. The process through an online system will in most cases be that you go through the quotation system, authenticate your details, are charged a certain amount and are also then told that you have cover subject to supplying the said documents. The predicament that then occurs of course is that it is not within your capacity and control as to how long it's going to take for your previous insurance company to send the proper documents in the right form through to you - what is the situation if and when they don't comply on your behalf?

personal on desktop
Share:

The difficulty which then appears of course is that it is not within your power and command as to exactly how long it will take your previous insurance organisation to send out the correct papers in the appropriate structure through to you and your most effective efforts might be to no avail. And when you do not succeed in getting them to satisfy the request as necessary? Your insurance cover may be terminated without you being informed at the moment when it really counts due to the fact the deadline has expired. In any case, the insurance broker may possibly have looked at the computer validated quote and realised that you ended up being too high a risk and so they may want to get rid of you anyway. Of course, what could possibly have occurred is that they suggest that they did send a letter to you to call off the cover but you certainly never were in receipt of any such correspondence or it got lost. Dont presume that this is an impossible state of affairs because it is definitely not, notably whenever it comes to younger drivers who account for a large proportion of claims these days - you have to do all of the documentation spadework simply because the brokers don't seem to want to.

by: Cortez Kinnaman
The Medium Cut Brief Provides Enough Coverage Installment Loans Online - Grab Quick Cash Without Any Delay Insurance Advisors In Ontario Should Expect A Lead Generation System To Help Boost Sales The Best Insurance Policies From Watson Insurance Agency Attributes Which Can Help You Select The Right Insurance Agent Missouri Business Interruption Insurance - Things Every Business Needs To Know Affordable Insurance In Mississippi Find Low-cost Packers And Movers Kanpur Services For All India Services With Full Insurance Protecti Some Basic Information About Business Insurance Colorado Springs For The New Entrepreneur Best Practices For Legacy Insurance Claims System Replacement Insurance Agent Retention Methods How To Keep Your Top Producers Bridging Finance - Curse Or Blessing Issues In Insurance - Finding Advice
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.101.95) / Processed in 0.014314 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 6918, 975,