Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » The Future Is Autobraking
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

The Future Is Autobraking

Auto-braking is coming in to be used in emergencies only

. Where the technologies inside the vehicle can sense the driver has not responded quickly enough or sufficiently enough to be able to stop the car in time, the auto-braking will kick in and so avoiding a potentially serious collision. And minor ones of course too. Safety groups are very excited about its potential at cutting the number of road deaths and injuries. Insurers are also stating they will cut the cost of premiums on vehicles with this system fitted but one has to take this one with a pinch of salt considering, as with all technologies, one day this will be available on all vehicles and insurers need to make their millions somehow The system will also be included in the European standard crash testing ratings from 2014.

There are currently a few different systems being used but they all react in the same way, by hitting the brakes if they sense the vehicle approaching an object too fast, to avoid an accident. The three different types use radar, lasers and video. They can all sense how far away a car is and how fast it is going, and brake if an accident is imminent. Many drivers, including myself, wont at all like the idea of a car taking over but you cant really argue with some of the arguments, and as long as it only takes over if an accident really is imminent and the vehicle in question is travelling at speed, then you can understand why.

There does seem to be some misleading evidence being banded about though. Its pointed out that 75% of collisions are at 20mph or below and this system should dramatically cut this, and because of this 8000 lives might be saved. But do this many people die per year at 20mph or below?! I guess this is nit-picking a little.

Most of the systems on offer pair up either a radar or lasers on the front of the car, with a camera mounted nearer the windscreen which would decide what exactly it is the vehicle is approaching. As with all technologies though, and with these radars or lasers being at the front of the car, of it was to be in an accident it couldnt prevent they would be very expensive to replace. The Future Is Autobraking

They have all been extensively tested in scenarios set to mirror the most common types of accidents so manufacturers can be confident the systems react appropriately in real life situations.

The problem with these types of vehicle technologies, and especially this one, are how to set their sensitivity. I would find this a concern if I was driving under this system. But if I was driving sensibly anyway I wouldnt be getting into situations where I might be hitting the back of someone. In my eyes this just gives certain people the green light to continue to use their phones or read maps or eat whilst on the go, and not pay proper attention to the road ahead, as they will put too much faith in the fact if they were to miss something then the car would stop for them anyway.

Jason

by: JV
Car Insurance Calculator - Obtain Instant Insurance Quotes Some Valuable Tips You Should Know Before Buying Car Insurance When Use Automobile Accessories After Auto Repair Shop In Belton Tx Finding The Best Auto Repair Las Vegas Autoverhuur In Amsterdam: Waarom Is Het Goed Voor U Is Affordable Cheap Car Insurance Quotes - Look At How Low Cost Car Insurance Can Possibly Be Not G Win Your Rights With The Help Of A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Reasons For You To Choose Autotag Ltd Over Others For Workshop Essentials Autotag - Onestop Shop For Car Showroom Accessories How Can You Acquire Cheap Auto Insurance Quote? Paris Motor Show - Peugeot Attacks The Automobile Marketplace Once More Procurando Por Ferramentas Automotivas E Ferramentas Eltricas?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.202.224) / Processed in 0.012671 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3005, 952,