Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » The Current Recession, Your Land Of Milk And Honey
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Current Recession, Your Land Of Milk And Honey

Now you must be thinking, "This guy is freaking nuts

, my friends are losing their jobs, my hours have been cut, and my 401k is barely worth two thirds of it's value from two years ago."

Think back to The Great Depression, the stock market crash of 1929. Many fortunes were lost in the click of a ticker tape.

One time millionaires, now penniless, took one last step out of their penthouse windows.

They took the easy way out, the cowards way. They gave up.

If you've read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, and if you haven't you should, then you know that more first-time millionaires were created out of that disaster than at any other time in history.

In 1941 a man named Carl Karcher invested his life savings to buy a hot dog cart located on the corner of Florence and Central in Los Angeles, CA.

And get this, it was World War Two, he could even buy hot dogs to sell. They were going to our soldiers overseas.

Carl's "Hot Dogs" were only slices of bologna rolled up and put in a bun. But they sold like hot cakes.

From this humble beginning came Carl's Jr Restaurants, the fourth largest fast food chain in The United States.

How, you might ask?

He saw an opportunity and took it. When he hit a road block, no hot dogs, he used his creativity to blast through and did it anyway.

In the 1970's, another recession, a guy name Gary Dahl bought some river stones, glued doll eyes on them, put them in boxes complete with breathing holes, and the Pet Rock fad was born.

Six months later the fad was over and Gary Dahl was a millionaire.

Speaking of fads, I can't think of an uglier doll than a Cabbage Patch Kid. Yet in the late '70's and early '80's they were a must have for Christmas.

Enterprising entrepreneurs bought up all they could and sold them at swap meets for three or four times their purchase price, and were thanked profusely by the people they gouged.

Now we find ourselves in the midst of the second worst recession in history, what are you going to do, cry that life isn't fair, that all you got was a bunch of lemons, or find yourself a juicer and have a tall ice cold glass of lemonade?

It's the start of Fall here, it's still hot and I'm thirsty, how about you?

By: Michael Cole
How To Make Loads Of Money On The Horses Hunter Wellies - Walking Through The Recession Usana - A Genuine Usana Mlm Review Tired of Wasting Money? Use Movie Reviews! Your Movie Review Resource: Movie-Vault.com Get Money, Get Smart: Scholarships For Moms Enzyte Reviews Vatican caught in financial scandal, Financial scandal hits Vatican city Meet The Billion Dollar Coin Guy—A Review of Mike Mezack How to Raise Workforce Morale Without Going Over-Budget Charles Harrison Cure For Bruxism - Stop Teeth Grinding Effectively Review Paycheck Today Advance-most Reliable Financial Scheme How To Choose A Rice Cooker
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.69.143) / Processed in 0.005888 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 2500, 385,