Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Teaching A Dog To Walk On A Leash
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Teaching A Dog To Walk On A Leash

Teaching A Dog To Walk On A Leash

When do I proceed teaching a dog to walk on a leash

?

You should start training your dog as soon as possible. But there is one thing you need to keep in your mind. The best time to process dogs training is about 7 weeks later after dogs were born. In the beginning of training, you need to focus on making your dog get used to collar. This collar is the lighter the better.

When do I put the collar on my dog?

Before you put on the collar, you should distract the dogs attention from the collar. Youd better do it when he/she is eating or playing. At the very start, your dog wont adapt to it and make effort to get rid of it. You dont take it off until he/she is calm down. Teaching A Dog To Walk On A Leash

When do I clip the leash onto the collar?

When you find your dog doesnt try to get rid of the collar, you can clip the leash onto it. Similar to the last step, the most important point is to make him/her get used to the leash and a light leash is better choice. Once your dog doesnt try to get rid of it, let your dog walk alone around your house to make himself more comfortable.

How do I proceed teaching a dog to walk on a leash?

It is time to use the leash when your dog gets used to the leash and collar. When you train your dog, try to shorten the training span and make training process more fun. If you make it, you dog will like the training.

Dont hurry to walk dogs outside. It is a better choice to do it at home. I bet you know the dog training methods of praise and treats. Utilize it during our training process: if he/she can walk along with you properly when you use the leash, dont save your best praise or treats; if he stops and not walk with you, and dont pull at the leash vigorously; try to call him back and praise him/her. Do not keep straining the leash when you are walking your dog, which just causes his more behavior.

Set up rules for your dog. Teach you dog to know that if he strains the leash, he cant go anywhere. The dog has to walk along with you and follows your commands and should keep in step with you. Remember one thing that when he breaks the rules just call him back and give praise and treats. Dogs will know that listening to you is better choice.

What we talk about here applies to young dogs and the core is to leave your dog a loose leash. That will make both you and your dog happy. Rome wasnt built in a day. You need persist this training until your dog successfully walk along with you. Dont forget to give him/her praise and treats. We hope you can succeed in teaching a dog to walk on a leash after you read this article.

by: Wayne Green
How One Can Easily Apply Dog Training Obedience Lessons Hunt Online To Obtain Qualified Pet Sitting Products Dealing With The Ten Most Widespread Dog Training Issues The Value Of Investing Your Money Getting A Reliable Carpet Sweeper The Perfect Mastiff Dog Beds Fashion Tips For Petite Women Large Dog Beds Start Fixing Itunes Duplicates And Fixing Itunes Album Artwork Hints For Moving With Pet The idiot's guide to planning a surprise romantic mini break by:Peter Daniel Reviewing The Tamerica Tashin Sm-330 Pouch Laminator Visit the Homes of the Stars on your next Palm Springs Vacation by:Mitchell Sussman FDA approved medication For Weight loss Meridia Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.216.163) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.012563 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2675, 969,
Teaching A Dog To Walk On A Leash Campo Grande