Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Taking Our Teeth For Granted
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Taking Our Teeth For Granted

We have just celebrated the second largest Muslim festival of Eid-ul-Adha last week and

, apart from the usual activities, this year I was also involved in the game of trying to find the best antibiotics and painkillers available from a limited number of pharmacies, since most of them were closed for the holidays. This festival is an annual event dating back centuries and celebrates the occasion of when the prophet Abraham was willing to sacrifice his beloved son for his faith.

On this occasion a animal is sacrificed according to your means, and the meat is distributed to the poor as well as neighbours and friends. Needless to say that the main protein in every household in these days is meat, meat, and more meat! This is fine and dandy (unless you are a vegetarian of course) as long as you can eat and digest so much red meat in such a short period of time. Many people overeat and then suffer later, but I had the opposite problem as I could not eat much and so did not enjoy all the dishes available.

The reason for my enforced abstinence was an infected tooth which was so tender and caused so much pain that I could barely manage to get liquids and semi-solids down my throat. A visit to my dentist the week before had resulted in root canal treatment and although it was not the dentists fault, that is whom I cursed all week. My dentist was such an excellent student that he was offered dental scholarships from three dental schools as well as a medical scholarship from a medical college in the UAE.Knowing all this and knowing that he had graduated from one of the best dental schools in the country, didnt make the pain any less and I vowed to try and avoid the need for such visits again.

We often take our bodies and all their various parts for granted and do not give much thought to the proper care and maintenance of them as we should, and indeed as they deserve. We often spend more time, effort and money in maintaining our cars and homes than on looking after our bodys mental and physical well being. Our teeth have to last us a lifetime and yet we take them for granted. Apart from a cursory brushing we ignore their other needs until it is too late. We do not brush correctly and remove all the plaque, we do not floss regularly, we do not use the correct toothbrush or toothpaste and we not take the proper vitamins and minerals required , either through diet or as supplements.

After all this neglect we complain when we have dental problems and do not consider how much we put our teeth through. The poor things not only have to bite, chew and grind all manner of substances, they are also used as bottle openers and an extra pair of hands for gripping!

A visit to my dentist the week before had resulted in root canal treatment and although it was not the dentists fault, that is whom I cursed all week.

by: Samoulson
Professional Teeth Whitening: 3 Things You May Not Have Known Find a local dentist for immediate dental remedy Say Good Bye To Your Dental Problems With Sedation Dentistry Smile! Youre In Good Hands With Park Avenue Dental Teeth Imbed Insurance Coverage What Is The Importance Of Fluoride For Your Teeth? The Dental Implants Dental Erosion- What's Eating Away At Your Tooth Structure? What Are The Common Dental Problems Smile Again With Straight Teeth The Invisalign Way Searching for the Best Dental Treatment in India? Implant Dentaire - Facts On Cost Effective Dental Implant Pricing Jaw-tmj-headaches- Is Your Pain Dental Related?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.10.137) / Processed in 0.012797 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2916, 964,
Taking Our Teeth For Granted