Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Squidoo Lenses - Picking Your Name
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Squidoo Lenses - Picking Your Name

Squidoo Lenses - Picking Your Name

Squidoo was from back before my time, in the 20' and 30's I think

, and it was a slang phrase for "Get out while the gettin's good." No, that's 23 skidoo!

So then I went to Wikipedia and this is their words exactly... "Squidoo is a community website that allows users to create pages (called lenses) for subjects of interest. Squidoo is in the top 500 most visited sites in the world, and in the top 300 most viewed in the United States.[1] Squidoo grew 91% in 2008, and had 900,000 handbuilt lenses as of February 1st, 2009.

Wow! 900,000 websites! Just on Squidoo! It boggles the mind.

But here's what it can do for you coming from the perspective of an online marketer AND a traffic hog. The more the better...almost, but I'd rather have quality traffic than massive traffic.

First, when you go to Squidoo, you get a domain name of your picking AND a website hosted at that URL. Squids, who are just people who use Squidoo, refer to their their websites as "lenses." My guess is that you can view a slice of the world through one of their lenses.

But a FREE website and domain name! And they make it easy.

That just about clears up the number one hurdle that folks who aspire to earning money online face in the early stages.

The way small online marketers get the right people to their sites is by selecting a keyword that they can rank for and that is highly relevant to the content of their site.

So, let's say you had a great supplier of umbrellas and you wanted to do affiliate sales for them.

You need a keyword you can get ranked for.

I checked "umbrellas" as an obvious keyword except that most experienced marketers already know that word is too broad and will have terrific competition and not so high quality of traffic.

I went to Google and typed in site: squidoo "umbrellas" and got Results 1 - 9 of about 11,700 for site: squidoo "umbrellas". Way too broad! Plus I can't compete! There are over 11 thousand squidoo sites to compete with. Give or take a thousand.

Why is that so important? Well, it's more important than it would be if you had a free standing, self hosted site simply because Google will only show ONE Squidoo result most times and occasionally two on a page of ten search results.

So I went to Google and typed in site: squidoo "rain umbrellas" and got Results 1 - 10 of about 101 for site: squidoo "rain umbrellas". Wow!

That's a fine example of a "doorway" keyword. My term for not too much competition.

So, go get a Squidoo site with rain-umbrellas prominently in the domain name and you are good to go. IF you have an umbrella supplier.

Now you populate your site with all things rain umbrellas and do the things necessary to get indexed by Google. This is imprtant because if you are not indexed Google WON"T show your site!

So what does all this show us?

It shows you where to get a website and domain name free.

It shows you how to pick a Squidoo lens domain name so that you will have a really good shot at Google showing YOUR offer up on Page One.

Page One on Google means traffic.

I think you can take it from here fairly easily.

Copyright (c) 2009 Riley West

by: Riley West
Make Real Money On The Internet-who Do You Trust Facebook Application Development Think Before You Leap Mlm Marketing - Internet Business Is A Bomb Or Is It Not So? Watch Avator 2009 Online For Free Top Tips To Buying Office Supplies Online Mybrandbuilderpro Mentor Turned Me On To White Boards How To Get Free Super Powerful Publicity For Your Business Teenpreneur Millionaires Reveal New Cash Secrets How To Maximize Your Listing's Exposure On Ebay Boost Your Beauty Salon Marketing Efforts With Twitter Money From Home With Green Cleaning Products Donald Trump Network Mlm Review Starting An Online Business Does Not Require Geniuses!
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.252.126) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005808 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 3390, 973,
Squidoo Lenses - Picking Your Name Campo Grande