Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Sports Massage: Alleviate Aches More Effectively
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Sports Massage: Alleviate Aches More Effectively

I am a housewife and a mother. My injuries relate to children laundry, the everyday duties of taking care of a house and children. I don't have a favorite sport, and interestingly enough, I have gone for a sports massage. I have specific recurring pain, and this is the best massage I have ever had. My husband was reluctant to go for a massage, until I called it a sport massage. He couldn't get there soon enough. This was not a girl day at the spa. It was a manly thing. And he did feel much better (old baseball injury). It can treat frozen shoulders, tender elbow, and pulled hamstring, as well as many other ailments.

Massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue, to enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being. Massage became popular in the US in the 1800's and grew in popularity until the 1930's and 40's. With the development of modern medicine, it was discounted as lesser than. It made a re-appearance in the 1960's when nurses began to use it to alleviate pain in patients. They then realized it was great to do a sports massage on the athletes. In the 1996 Summer Olympics massage was deemed a core medical service and its popularity rose once again. For many athletes a sports massage is the key to their recovery and is a part of their normal routine to help them prepare for the next game or challenge.

If you are looking to modern medicine to cure your issues, maybe you are looking in the wrong place. The art of massage dates way back, back to over 3000 years. It has been documented by the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians. They all applied forms of massage for many ailments. Hippocrates even wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. In many sports, a massage will be performed on an athlete either pre-game or post-game. The athlete will perform better during training, as well as training longer and have fewer injuries. Injuries sustained during the event can be repaired with a sports massage.

With any massage, special equipment is used when receiving a sports massage. These therapists are self-employed and will have his/her own equipment usually consisting of a table with a horseshoe shaped head support for ease of breathing while lying face-down. It has a padded surface which is easy to keep clean and remain hygienic. Mats and orthopedic pillows are also used for additional support. With the increased interest in sports massage therapy, this area of specialty is growing.Sports Massage: Alleviate Aches More Effectively

So, what is your sport? What is your injury? For me, it's my back! I can't bend over, stand up, move! And I'm not even an athlete, just a mother. However, I carry laundry upstairs, children back to their beds, school books back and forth. In the United States and the world over, you don't need to be a professional athlete to have a sports massage. You can just run over to your local spa and take some time out for yourself. Whether it be for 30, 45, 60 minutes, a massage of any type will refresh your mind, body and soul but a sports massage may be the one for you.

By: Robert Sted
Texas Health Insurance - How To Make It Affordable Cheap Health Insurance for young people - Cover That Won't Cost You a Fortune Texas Health Insurance - Special Circumstances To Consider Pregnancy Massage: Alleviate Cramps Due to Pregnancy More Effectively Find the Way to Get Health Insurance Alleviate Pain Sooner Delivering Comprehensive Employee Health Insurance To Companies Of All Types Get The Best Massage And Alleviate Hurts Sooner Chair Massage: Alleviate Aches Sooner Hand Massage: Alleviate Hurts Faster Head Massage: Alleviate Aches More Effectively Pre-old Situation Overall healthiness Insurance coverage The Complications Guard Yourself from Scam Health Insurance Companies in California
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.8.42) / Processed in 0.011540 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3273, 960,