Insurances.net
insurances.net » Parenting » Six Tips On How to Be a Greener Parent
housing Family Parenting baby
]

Six Tips On How to Be a Greener Parent

Six Tips On How to Be a Greener Parent

Every day through magazines and news articles parents are being told how they should be leading a greener life to help protect the planet for there children and their future children. Here are six tips to help you become a greener parent without breaking the bank:

1. Re-Usable Nappies. If you are expecting or have a newborn baby have you considered using re-usable nappies? By using cotton nappies it will help the environment as they create less waste. It is said that disposable nappies create 60 times more waste than cotton ones. You may think that it is easier to use disposable verses re-usable nappies but I have used cotton nappies on both my children and have found them very easy to use and wash.

2. Recycle Clothing. By passing on clothes to either friends, family or to your local charity this helps the environment as the organic industry can have a high impact on it. My family have done this for the last five years as my sister was the first to have a girl and her clothes have been passed down twice to relatives.

3. Recycle Cardboard and Paper. We all know that children like to cut, stick and colour to create their own masterpieces. By recycling card, like cereal boxes, and newspapers it not only helps the environment but it is a great opportunity to interact with your children. An ideal activity for those rainy days.

4. Wooden Toys. Most young children are more interested in the box than the singing all dancing, battery operated toy. Instead you could buy them wooden or natural toys which encourage them to play with their natural environment and they are usually less expensive. My sister's daughter was given a wooden train for her 2nd birthday which she played with all the time which has now been passed down to my son.

5. Eco-friendly Food. By preparing your own food for your baby or child provides less waste and is also a lot healthier. I found this was a better and cheaper way as I could cook in bulk and then freeze down in ice cube trays. If the children are older they can also help cook meals which will teach them about the natural produce we eat everyday.

6. Natural Environment. Take your children out on nature walks, there are lots of places to visit free of charge such as parks, beaches or just let them help and play in the garden. This is not only good exercise but will encourage them to learn about their environment from plants, animals, or how to grow their own fruit and vegetables.

These are only a few suggestions, take a look at your daily tasks and see if any can be changed to a greener way.
Preemie Parents – 26 Ways to Grow With Your Premature Baby Duplicate Files and Parental Responsibility Living without parents How do you define successful parenting? Parental Worry - The College Degree New Year Resolution for Grandparents: Get Social Media-ized 4-Steps to Successful Parenting After Your Divorce 4 Tips on Winning the Best Parent Award - Subliminal Messages Can Help Usage of Internert Code Language by Youth and its Awareness Amongst Parents Know your fireworks – things to be careful about as a parent Read About Parent's Opinions of the DaVinci Emily Crib Coaches are available to help relieve the stress of being a parent Caring for Your Aged Parents
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.210.12) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.007018 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2687, 70,
Six Tips On How to Be a Greener Parent Columbus