Insurances.net
insurances.net » Parenting » Duplicate Files and Parental Responsibility
housing Family Parenting baby
]

Duplicate Files and Parental Responsibility

We worry about our kids. Where they are, who they're with, whether they're having a good time, if they're getting drunk, doing drugs, and so on. Add a computer into the mix and it's a recipe for disaster. I found some posts from my twelve year old nephew on a well-known social networking site relating to sex. I did think about telling his parents, but one, they clearly should be finding this out for themselves and two, who am I, of all people, to inhibit free speech?

So, what can we do as parents to monitor our children more closely? We could try being more subtle about it, for a start. Chances are that you're going to alienate your son/daughter/unsure of sex and sexuality at a difficult age if you go in all guns blazing demanding to know why they're posting about sex on Facebum. Make the excuse that you need to do some work on their computer, while reminding them of who bought it in the first place, and clean up the system, quite literally, by getting rid of duplicate files and other such like, plus any material that you don't think is suitable. Trust me, you'll find some, no matter how squeaky clean you and they think they are.

They'll throw a tantrum about it, throw their dolls out their pram, or of they're a little older, they'll probably throw things directly at you, perhaps even the computer, but this is a small price to pay. Talking of prices to pay, a lot of this kind of software is free, available as 'freeware', so you can simply download it and start using it. If you really wanted to, you can simply save some material for a time when they're a little bit older and more able to understand these things. That way you might win some Brownie points back.

The other thing about this type of software is that it's an organiser. Children have no concept of organisation, no matter how many times you tell them to tidy their room, it'll still be in the same state the next day, just in a different order. You can actually help your kids out by organising their computer for them. They will either be eternally grateful (unlikely) or they will never be able to find anything until you help them to do so - another way of keeping a big bad eye on them.

So, take advantage of the new generation of computer programmes to keep an eye on your children subtly and get a program to get rid of duplicate files.
Living without parents How do you define successful parenting? Parental Worry - The College Degree New Year Resolution for Grandparents: Get Social Media-ized 4-Steps to Successful Parenting After Your Divorce 4 Tips on Winning the Best Parent Award - Subliminal Messages Can Help Usage of Internert Code Language by Youth and its Awareness Amongst Parents Know your fireworks – things to be careful about as a parent Read About Parent's Opinions of the DaVinci Emily Crib Coaches are available to help relieve the stress of being a parent Caring for Your Aged Parents Parenting Tips: How to Choose Clothes for Young Girls What Every Parent Should Know About the Brigance Assessment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.50.206) / Processed in 0.010496 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2509, 70,