Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal Insurance » Reasons to Set Personal Goals
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Reasons to Set Personal Goals

You've read about goal setting till you can hardly stand it! But nobody has

bothered explaining in a way that motivates you and makes sense to you why exactly you need to set goals. Here are five good reasons.

1. If you don't set goals for yourself, somebody else will set your goals for you.

A respected person once said that your time will come under the control of dominant people in your life if you choose not to seize your time. Simply put, you need to decide your course in life or someone else will navigate for you. This will lead you to follow THEIR goals as opposed to your own. You WILL be working towards someone's goals in your life. At the core of it all, by setting your own goals you are working towards what YOU want, not what anybody else wants.

Setting goals creates an urgency calling us out of our passive state. When a goal is stated there is a timeline attached. It serves as a deadline forcing our minds to respond to action. We become motivated mentally as a result. If I want to "get in shape someday" then I never will. However, if I set a goal to look great for the reunion in September, even though it's only spring, I know I have to get going if I want to achieve my goal.Reasons to Set Personal Goals

3. Goals tune us to find the resources and people we need to succeed. For example, when you are purchasing for a particular item like an article of clothing or an ingredient for a recipe you start to take notice of only those items. Likewise, when you have a concrete goal you are actively shooting towards, you notice people and resources that can help you accomplish your goal. If you are planning on getting in shape for the reunion you start to find ads for gym specials or community physical fitness groups; if you are trying to start up a business you gain an interest in books, seminars and courses revolving around business tools.

Goals help you set boundaries. Tell me, when was the last time you had a lot of time on your hands? Has that ever occurred? Probably not. Every time we say 'yes' to something, it will mean we are saying 'no' to countless other things. Most people, goal-less and wandering, just do what comes easiest or what is more urgent. Goal setters have an easier time saying "no" to the alternatives because they have a reason both for themselves and for those pressuring them to do something that is counter to their goals-why they are not going to do it.

5. Goal setters get far more done. That's the bottom line. The reason that you have tried to push aside because you are not the "goal-setting type". No more excuses. You need to become a goal-setting type! Get a system in place for setting goals; develop or find a solid template designed for goal setting and finally, and just remember, revolve your life around it. In turn, you will accomplish more, you will find more happiness and direction in life and you will do more of the things you deem important.

By: Saul Jordan
What's My Personal Injury Claim Worth? Own A Taxi? Get Taxi Insurance Benefits of Hiring a Minnesota Attorney for Personal Injuries Mace Personal Alarm Screecher Aerosol Make a Personal Injury Claim and Stay Assured for Life Personal Injury Claims Are Not Easy Personal Injury Claims - Know Your Rights Personal Injury Attorney Straight Talk: Maybe You Don't Need A Personal Injury Lawyer After All? V Is For Virtual Personal Assistants Compensation on Personal Injuries by Consulting Lawyers Getting into Shape with the help of a Personal Trainer How To Settle A Personal Injury Claim Personal Injury Claims: 3 Things You Need to Know
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.188.20.56) Paraiba / Alagoa Nova Processed in 0.013303 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3070, 967,
Reasons to Set Personal Goals Alagoa Nova