Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Pocket Money
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Pocket Money

Pocket Money

Pocket Money

Whether to give pocket money to her children? At what age? How much should we give? About how often (frequency rate)? What is the use? How to control their spending? Is it important in the life of a child can have some money? Here are many questions that arise many parents are still reluctant to give pocket money to their children. Also, this folder you will see a little clearer and certainly meet your expectations.

Should we give pocket money to our children?

Receive pocket money is an important step in the life of a child. For him the beginning of a certain autonomy: it will no longer apply and you will not be suspended in your "good will". As parents, you must appeal to our values and those we wish to convey to our children. For this reason, we must ask ourselves about the motives that impelled us to answer yes or no.

Can we afford to offer them?

Do we want to offer money to our children because we are tired of hearing them say "the others have them!"?

If we have the financial means, the money can be used to:

The development of the value of money, ideas such savings, appreciation for work well done, helping others, have fun, managing a budget. If these ideas you think are important, give pocket money to your children is a way to develop these skills at home.

The preparation for the world awaits

Acquire some autonomy

At what age to give them money and how much?

The child must at least know how to count, otherwise how will he get to take that expense if he did remain X than Y. According to the study below, one in two children on average received pocket money, the percentage increasing with age: while only 11% of small, between 2 and 4 years received money from pocket, however they are 75%, between 15 and 17 years, to have disposed of.

Percentage of children receiving pocket money :

Between 2-4 years: 11% receive an average 4.27 euros (28 FF)

Between 5-7 years: 29% receive an average 3.81 euros (25 FF)

Between 8-10 years: 57% receive an average of 11.28 euros (74 FF)

Between 11-14 years: 67% receive an average of 16.46 euros (108 FF)

Between 15-17 years: 73% receive an average of 30.33 euros (199 FF)

Between 18-19 years: 64% receive an average of 51.07 euros (335 FF)

Frequency of pocket money depending on the age of the child :

Between 2-7 years

6% of children receive regular

15% of children receive some

78% of children never receive

Between 8-10 years

21% of children receive regular

36% of children receive some

41% of children never receive

Between 11-19 years

46% of children receive regular

23% of children receive some

29% of children never receive

(Survey conducted Secodip Consojunior-2000)

More children are young, and most parents prefer to give money piecemeal rather than creating a system of regular payments. Probably because it gives them some control over the use made of money. However, as the child grows, greater regularity is set up. In other words, we go to the pocket money given to the week or month. Curiously, the girls receive a little earlier than boys. However, after 18 years, boys have at their disposal more money.

According to the Ipsos study Sofinco (April 28, 2003):

* 61% (only. ..) of the French feed their children's piggy bank, which places France at last among the eight European countries surveyed by Ipsos for the credit company Sofinco.

* Changes in the budget for spending money are primarily a function of household income.

* Mothers are apparently less generous than the dads!

In addition to the pocket money received on a regular basis, young people are also offering money for their birthday (83% of them) for Christmas (80%), for services rendered (35%) and for good academic results (23%).

How do our children spend their money?

It is not necessarily desirable to try to dictate their spending. It must make their own experiences. If any part in gadgets on the first day, they will regret, but it's trainer. We must let the children free to do whatever they want, nothing prevents the parents to teach them to spend their savings, teach them how to appreciate the cost of things, defer a purchase, within a budget.

Some advice

- Wait until your child reaches a certain maturity. It is useless to give him pocket money if he does not count. He will not appreciate its value if it is capable of adding what you give and to remove what he buys.

- Set the record straight from the start. You agree to pay that amount each week or each month, but do not be afraid to ask in return that he makes good use. You can admit that sometimes buys gadgets, trivia and other horrors that love all teens (and you do not risk offering him ...), it also makes the process of putting aside for a more useful purchase. In short, say no to waste systematic purchases and hazardous (cigarettes, pocket knives, alcohol) under penalty of suspension of pocket money. Right now is to understand that not everything is possible with money. However, show you tolerant of their choices is the only way for him to learn better spending and orient it asks for your opinion.

- Do not give money to aid it will bring you home or to their academic achievement. He must understand he works for himself and not for money. Similarly, money does not become the object of blackmail between you ("if you do not tidy up your room, I'll cut your pocket money").

- Giving pocket money to your child should not come up for a lack of availability of your hand. It's all about teaching him to manage a budget and know the value of things. If your child asks you a lead (which he will certainly one day), be flexible at first, help him understand his error, but certainly not take the habit of always bailing. Pocket money lose any aspect of education.

- Do not tell him what to do, let him live his experiences and buy what he wants, even useless things.

The money should certainly not become a source of conflict between you. You'll need to establish clear ground rules and also:

We have already seen: avoid interfering in its purchases and to blackmail money.

Adjust the amount received at his age and increase with age.

Adjust the frequency depending on its age

Adjust the amount to its actual needs. Giving too is no point in anything. Doing so may remove the child the chance to experience the desire and expectation of a desired object.

Talk freely. The money should certainly not be a taboo subject. It is necessary for example to discuss with him if he needs a raise.

If your child does not want pocket money

This often translates into a fear of growing up or a lack of confidence. It's so easy to continue to ask dad / mom to take care of! The best thing to do is to emphasize and enhance it wherever possible. You must show him that you are proud of what he does or what he does. Do not make decisions for him. Instead, let him make his choice, even make mistakes sometimes ...

Evidence

Sonia, 38 years old, single

I have 2 children: 10 years and 14 years both in school and I give them pocket money until they have need to buy what they like (music CDs, pens, games of chance etc. ..) without ruining myself. I have a job that allows me to meet their needs but do not earn enough to give them a regular basis. They learn to manage a budget to control their spending roughly to prepare their future life. Of course, I help a bit in their choices so they do not spend anything and how often said that money does not pick up the ground and that any "wages" wins! In part-cons, they help me in quite mundane tasks (carrying groceries, clean the yard, cut grass ..). At least when they need it, they know what they have to do!One way to motivate me and relieve me because life is not easy, despite the education I give them, they obey not enough, constantly balk and the result nothing is done, after which I'm tired of having to speak in a vacuum and discourages me to such behavior.

Would you work 1-2 hours per day Online If so, then this is for you The semi-automatic money making machine thatworks for you and earns up to $8,400 per day! Click Here
How To Buy T Shirts Online India My Pursuit For A Weight Loss Solution That Works Several Critical Details in Relation to Practical Ideas on How to Assist you to Redesign Your Family Area Things To Consider When Buying Girls Wear COMPARISON, COMPARISON, COMPARISON, COMPARISON, COMPARISON, COMPARISON, COMPARISON Pop Art Personalised Cushions Are You Able To Spare Fifteen Mins To Earn Money Using Project Payday? Online Paint Tools Are They Useful? A Perfect Weight Loss Green Tea In India Top Three Most Visited Destinations in Northeast Florida by:Mark Whichard Gbc Shredmaster Sc-060 Shredder Review Report of the Industrial Insurance Commission to the Governor of Illinois Axis Capital International Group Insurance Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.192.3) / Processed in 0.016913 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 116 , 8639, 975,
Pocket Money