Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Number One Reason Kids Are Inconsiderate To Others
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Number One Reason Kids Are Inconsiderate To Others

Old-fashioned manners have never gone out of style

, so why don't kids practice consideration for others?

I witnessed a prime example of inconsiderate behavior by a 15-year-old in whose home I was visiting.

The mother was recuperating from major back surgery and the child seemed to have no sympathy or understanding for the lack of mobility her single parent was experiencing.

Oblivious to her mother's situation, the child went about her normal activities of . . . Number One Reason Kids Are Inconsiderate To Others

1. Leaving things lying around for mom to pick up

2. Playing loud games while mom was trying to rest

3. Asking if a friend could stay overnight

4. Asking mom to drive them to the movies and the mall.

I silently watched (as it was none of my business), but I couldn't help realizing kids today are

1. Spoiled

2. Thoughtless

3. Unsympathetic

4. Unappreciative

Now, I realize not ALL kids are this way. If you have a child who fits the above description, however, I know you can relate to it.

Here is a simple answer to inconsideration from a child, and it's not from peers or society - it's due to lack of proper training!

Keep in mind, however, that with a 15-year-old, the training may be a little late in coming. The parent took too much time in creating and enforcing rules of behavior or social skills.

Training a child in proper manners and thoughtfulness begins when a child is very young if a parent expects the child (children) to be acceptable members of society.

It takes conscious effort and time. Even a 5-year-old is capable of writing a childish thank-you note for gifts received from relatives.

Did you encourage your children to write thank-you notes for gifts received last year? Did you follow up and make sure the task was completed and mailed or e-mailed?

If not, you aren't setting a good example of thoughtfulness. The giver of each gift would appreciate some appreciation from the child recipient in order to want to keep giving in the future.

Habits begin at home by observation. If children see parents writing thank-you notes, they will come to understand it's the proper way to send appreciation.

This is just one example. Others could be:

Speaking softly or waiting to speak when someone is on the phone. Kids are famous for interrupting or being oblivious to someone trying to hear a phone conversation. Inconsideration should not acceptable.

Turning off the television during meals. Conversation around the dinner table has long been a routine for daily discussion. But how can a family discuss anything when the kids want to watch TV during meals?

Kids pick up habits from home and these habits form the foundation of how they behave when they establish their own families.

So, what is the NUMBER ONE REASON that kids are inconsiderate? (Being spoiled is only a symptom)

ANSWER: Lack of training. The parents have failed that course.

by: Gail Gupton
Selecting Your Baby's Name Know How To Choose Your Baby's Name Baby Names - How To Choose A Nice One? How To Choose A Nice Name For Your Baby? How To Choose A Good And Nice Baby Names? Top 10 Ideas For Baby Gifts Picking A Nice For A Baby How To Pick A Nice Name For A Baby? Which Brands Are The Most Trusted Brands Of Breast Milk Storage Bags? How To Choose The Right Name For Your Baby? Preparing A Business Plan For Your Omaha Childcare Johnson And Johnson Baby Gift Sets For The Baby In Your Life Pros And Cons Of Home Childcare And Childcare Centers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.185.180) / Processed in 0.012747 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 54 , 3136, 956,