Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » My Quest For The Next Good Dentist
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Quest For The Next Good Dentist

The last great dentist who understood and actually dealt with this is my dentist 10 years ago

. He was enduring enough to wait for the anesthesia to take effect before doing the rest of the procedure. He also looked over my X rays and did some experiments to determine that the nerve usually targeted with novocain actually went in a different location to numb me effectively with a single shot. I am not taken as serious as this by the dentists in the area to which I moved so I stopped going for dental visits.

About a year ago, I had some severe tooth pain and decided I needed to get over this hump. A friend of my wife introduced me to a dentist who checked my teeth. After he tried several times to inject me with novocain, he said they have special dentists for people like me, and referred me to one dentist office in San Francisco.

Comfort did not become an issue for me in this dental office because of the general anesthesia they offered for the dental work, unlike most offices I have been to. The friendly staff had me answer a survey form that had details pertaining to my actual issues. A section was even able to cover my fleeing instinct. I was asked if I constantly hold off dental appointments, which I did.

I had to be under general anesthesia to get every needed procedure done once and for all. Not all people can afford to have a general anesthesia every time they go to the dentist. The extra cost I had to pay was over $1,000 just to get a general anesthesia. For my case that time, they did deep cleaning and they also prepped me on the other side of my mouth to do a crown procedure. They shaved down one tooth because the surface was damaged and prepped another tooth for root canal work.

I could not calculate the length of the entire process. If general anesthesia was taken out of the procedure, I would be needing four separate visits and that does not sound good. Try comparing the cost of using local anesthesia four times and missing work also for four days and going in for one appointment and getting general anesthesia if you will not immediately arrive at a decision.

The general anesthesia only made me sleep throughout the entire day but I did not get sick from it. My wife was sick as a dog for three days after being cut out of four wisdom teeth under general anesthesia. My insurance excludes the payment for the sedation but the workup cost of approximately $1,000 was covered. There was, however, one tooth that required another dentist to perform the root canal along with the sedation and this immediately added $1200 on the total cost.

Needless to say, I used up all my insurance early that year. I will not think twice about doing it again if mouth trouble happens. It is unimaginable how I could come out alive from those procedures just by going under local anesthesia and I would have probably not have gone to the dental office in the first place. From the time that major work was over, the next visits were just for teeth cleaning and not involving any needles. I will, however, remain apprehensive about dental procedures.

by: selindaholli
Want To Consult A Manhattan Dentist? Smile With Confidence With Opalescence Teeth Whitening Cosmetic Dentistry Expands To Offer Even More Smile-enhancing Treatments Bolingbrook Dentist, Dr. Rani Seeth, Allows Patients Easy Access To Appointment Making On Practice's Effective Cosmetic Dental Treatments To Get Rid Of Dental Disorders Sensitive Teeth-from Mild Discomfort To Agony Ever Bright Smile Teeth Whitening Solution Get Reliable Treatment From The Best Dentist In Delhi Looking for a dentist in Weston? You are at the right place! Aarkstore Enterprise---dental And Dental Lab Industry The Types Of Dental Insurance How To Go About With Teeth Whitening? Getting Dental Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.226.169.94) Tehran / Tehran Processed in 0.011815 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3175, 964,
My Quest For The Next Good Dentist Tehran