Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Learning To Give Your Child More Freedom-From A Parenting Ebook
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Learning To Give Your Child More Freedom-From A Parenting Ebook

This is what I learned about giving a child their freedom from a parenting ebook. I hope that it helps you. As parents, we are often pushed by our children to let them grow up faster than we want. How do we know when it is the right time to start giving them more freedom? They, of course, are going to want it faster than we are willing to give it. There are certain things you can do to decide if the time is right.As a father of a 14 year old girl I thought this would be an appropriate subject as I am still going through this.

Many of you parents out there will understand it when I say I have a daughter that is 14 years old going on 21. She is constantly seeing how far I will let her go, no matter what the subject. The one that I have had the hardest problem with is her independence. She wants more of it of course, and thinks that I don't want to give her any. It is sometimes hard to find a good balance. Do I let her go to the mall with her friends alone? (meaning without adult supervision) What about the movies with a "friend" that is a boy? These were some of my hardest decisions.

What I learned though was that I could trust my daughter. This book was very specific on how to come to this conclusion. I was given very specific questions to ask myself. Such as "how does she handle her current degree of freedom?", and "how well does she handle her current responsibilities?". There were many more questions, not just these two. But I will dwell on these for just a minute.

I have given her little "tests" before to see how she would do. I found that she showed good judgment. I considered how well she followed through with commitments and handled responsibilities when it came to doing chores and her baby sitting. These were all things that this book told me to look at.

Something else I did was to look at how independent my daughter was. As you know, peer pressure can be a very strong influence to a young girl. More importantly, can she still make the right decisions when being confronted with conflict.

These were just some of the questions I had to ask myself about my daughter. Then I needed to ask myself questions about the people she was going to be with. Did I know them? Do I know their parents? Were they "Bad" kids? Kids will tend to act good or hide their true natures when an adult is around, how do I know they won't get my child into trouble.

Needless to say, after getting this book and learning what I needed to do as a parent, my daughter and I have come to an understanding. She will be allowed to do certain things, and as long as she acts appropriately, she will slowly be given more freedom. The one thing I can tell you, is because of the things I learned in this book, my daughter and I have a great relationship built on trust and honesty. Don't get me wrong, we have our disagreements, but we talk them out and come to a mutual decision. Another thing I learned how to do with this book.
When I Grow up I Want to Be like a Child 8 Effective Ways On How To Determine The Risk Factor Of Substance Abuse Among Teenagers Children Of The "caine" - Part One Getting Young Children To Understand You With The Help Of A Parenting Ebook ADHD Natural Treatment Plan - A Simple Method to Help Your Child Be Calm & Focused Listening to children can help when buying kids shoes Redesigning Your Child's Bedroom Using Surf Decor Learning To Get Your Child To Talk With You - Help From A Parenting Ebook A Teenager's Personal Experience at a Teen Treatment Center MRI scan that can tell you within minutes if your child is autistic A Deeper Look Into Teen Drug Abuse How a Teen Treatment Center can Help With Teenage Depression Heart Murmurs in Children
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.229.113) / Processed in 0.011685 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3097, 956,