Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Laminate Flooring Stands Up to the Test of Time, Dogs and Kids
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Laminate Flooring Stands Up to the Test of Time, Dogs and Kids

Laminate Flooring Stands Up to the Test of Time

, Dogs and Kids

As the now proud owner of a houseful of laminate flooring, I can assure you it stands up to the test of time. It's also tough enough to withstand the whims and wiles of my children and dogs. Laminate flooring is some tough stuff - and I love it.

Laminate Flooring Lasts

Carpet that is actually walked upon starts looking rather shabby after five years or so. Carpet in a house with shedding dogs and spilled sippy cups looks shabby in about five minutes. Sure carpet in the bedrooms makes sense and maybe in rooms of the house that are barely used, but in high traffic and high play areas, skip the carpet - it's nothing but trouble.Laminate Flooring Stands Up to the Test of Time, Dogs and Kids

Laminate flooring, however, will last for decades. It is designed for heavy foot traffic and doesn't mat down or stain with tennis shoes, scooters and muddy dog paws. When accidents happen, you wipe them up in a matter of seconds and move on. There is no need to bring out heavy cleaners, spot treaters or steam machines to take care of a little grape juice. Wipe and go - perfect for almost every busy parent.

Laminate Flooring versus Kids and Pets

My kids are of the clumsy variety, and I like for them to have a soft place to fall. However, I'd also like that place to remain clean and stain-free throughout their childhood. Laminate flooring might not be the softest material available for flooring, but it has much more give than hardwood flooring or tile. My child might end up with a goose egg on his little head when he tries to fly off the back of the sofa, but he won't need stitches. Plus any blood can be easily wiped away - not that there should be any.

Small dogs and dogs that don't shed do well on carpet. But bring in a dog that sheds just a bit and instantly your carpet is the perfect home for dander and hair that can't always be removed with even the most powerful vacuum cleaners. However, on a laminate floor, like my oak laminate flooring, all dog hair, dander, dust, and dirt accumulates on the surface making it simple to sweep up and away at the end of every day. Dust mopping takes seconds and your house will be fresh and ready to start another day of battle.

Laminate Flooring Isn't All Roses

While I'll sing the praises of laminate flooring to all who'll listen, I'll readily admit it's not perfect. Sometimes the little taps of dog claws on my laminate flooring make me want to crawl out of my skin, but I might not have this particular problem if I bothered to trim my dog's claws properly.

Also, because laminate flooring is a harder surface, it becomes uncomfortable to stand on after a longer period of time, especially in bare feet. There isn't much cushion, although more than other flooring types, so your feet and back can take a beating if you stand around for more than an hour or two. House shoes with a bit of support or a thicker sole will help with this particular issue as well.

For more information on various types of laminate flooring be sure to visit LaminateFlooringCo.com
Pesticide Paradox: Variation Over Repetition Dogs For Sale 5 Keys To Better Understanding Your Dog Pvc Pet Beds For Dogs Weight Loss Program: How It Helps To Shape The Body Did You Know That Your Pet Can Also Have Allergy? Self Catering Holidays in the Bodrum Peninsula by:Teddy Lupain Learn To Alleviate Your Night Time Panic Attacks 5 Top Tips For Keeping Your Pet Safe During The Summer Heat Bedbugfleadog How does Clopidogrel Bisulfate (Generic Plavix) work? The Benefits Of Home Shopping Catalogues by:Charlotte Bleasdale The Spencer Institute's Online Mind Body Fitness Certification Program Provides Holistic Training Fo
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.104.29) / Processed in 0.013407 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3199, 969,