Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » Interpetation of Aleister Crowley's Notes on Ceremonial Magic (2010)
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Interpetation of Aleister Crowley's Notes on Ceremonial Magic (2010)

I do not deny that "magic" exists: if it is an illusion, it is at least as real as everyday life, for it is evidence of some cause. Now, the fact of cause and effect is our starting point. What causes my illusion of seeing a spirit in the Triangle of Art? A psychologist will answer, "That cause lies in your brain." European children will reply that the Universe is the creation of the Ego, or self. English school children will say that the Universe lies in infinite Space. And Hindu children also refer to a Universe in infinite Space, but they call it Akasa. The Hindu Akasa relates to the "Third Eye," which refers again to the brain.

All sense-impressions are dependent on the brain. Therefore, illusions are sense-impressions as much as "realities," for they depend on brain changes. Magical phenomena, however, are a special sub-class of sense-impressions because they are willfully caused by the series of "real" operations of ceremonial magic. These consist of:

(1) Sight. The circle, square, triangle, vessels, lamps, robes, implements, etc.Interpetation of Aleister Crowley's Notes on Ceremonial Magic (2010)

(2) Sound. The invocations.

(3) Smell. The perfumes.

(4) Taste. The Sacraments.

(5) Touch. The circle, square, triangle, vessels, lamps, robes, implements, etc.

(6) Mind. The combination of all these and reflection on their significance.

These unusual impressions (1-5) produce unusual brain-changes; hence their mental summary (6) is also of an unusual kind. As the brain reflects on extraordinary sensory memories, these momentary reflections are extraordinary as well.

Ceremonial magic generates brain changes in which the "effects" refer only to the appearance of sense-impressions to the magician. His spirit, his conversation, his possible shocks, and so on, lead him to ecstasy, or even to death or madness.

But can any of the effects described in the Goetia be obtained? And, if so, can you give a rational explanation of the circumstances? Yes. I will explain.

The spirits of the Goetia are portions of the human brain. Following the logic of Mr. Spencer's projected cube, they represent methods of stimulating or regulating particular spots through the eye.

The names of God are vibrations calculated to gain increasingly complex control of the brain. The names' vibrations first establish brain functions relative to the subtle world in order to gain general control of the brain. One may then control the brain in detail by invoking a particular rank or type of the Spirit. Finally, when a particular Spirit is named, one may control a special portion of the brain.

Perfumes aid ceremonial magic through smell. Usually perfume will diffuse within a large area, but one may also associate perfumes with letters of the alphabet; doing so enables one, by a Kabalistic formula, to spell out the Spirit's name. I need not discuss these points in detail; the intelligent reader can easily fill in what is lacking.

If, then, I say, with Solomon, "The Spirit Cimieries teaches logic," I refer to my own logic being stimulated and developed through The Invocation of Cimieries.' This statement is rational and refers to material reality, for it is independent of any objective hierarchy. Philosophy has nothing to say on this matter. Science can only suspend judgment, pending a methodical investigation of the alleged facts.

Solomon promises us that we can (1) obtain information through bringing up facts from the subconscious; (2) destroy our enemies by realizing the illusion of duality, and by exciting compassion for our opponents; (3) discern the subtle voices of nature by listening carefully, much as a child understands the differences between a cat's purr and meow; (4) obtain treasure through business acumen; (5) heal diseases of the body by strengthening the tissue's connection to the brain, and so on. I have taken these five powers at random for considerations of space forbid me to explain all.

Our Ceremonial Magic is essentially a series of small observational experiments on the body. Those who will conduct the rituals intelligently need not fear the result. I have plenty of health, treasure, and logic, but I have no time to waste.

There is a lion in the way. These practices are useless to me, but for the benefit of others I give them to the world together with this explanation that I trust will enable many students to succeed where others who viewed the question objectively failed.

Osari the Wise, 1907Interpetation of Aleister Crowley's Notes on Ceremonial Magic (2010)

From the Lost Book of Summoning

Library Tales Publishing has announced that they will be releasing The Lost Book of Summoning, a step-by-step guide that explains and interprets the magical acts, spells, and rituals described in the Goetia and the Key of Solomon on December 10th, 2010.

The book serves as a manual for Goetia fans everywhere, providing essential information about the process of summoning and controlling demons, exorcism, and mastery of magic. The Lost Book of Summoning will describe the 72 demons of the Goetia in detail, and will include new graphics, art, and paintings, and different ways to summon, control, and converse with each demon. It includes a fresh look at the controversial Goetia.

Pre-orders available on www.librarytalespublishing.com
Competent Options for Rodent Suppression Overcome Dog Bite Injury Claims By Appointing A Dog Bite Lawyer Why Neuter a Dog More About Cleaning One's Pet Keeping A Chicken - Things To Think About Before Adding A Chicken As A Pet Watch Now Ncca Pack Vs Bulldogs Live Streaming Online Football 2010 Check-list Of Peterbilt Parts Why You Must Train Your Dog Ways to Save on Your Pet Watch Supernatural Season 6 Episode 8 All Dogs Go To Heaven Online The 3 Things You MUST Consider Before Adopting A Dog Pet Insurance: Things To Consider Locating An Experienced Family Lawyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.81.240) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.010017 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 5486, 969,
Interpetation of Aleister Crowley's Notes on Ceremonial Magic (2010) Atlanta