Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » If I Get Hurt On The Job, Can I Get Lost Wages?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

If I Get Hurt On The Job, Can I Get Lost Wages?

So, you have been working very hard for a long timeand one day you get hurt on the job

. You didn't just throw your back out and had to take the afternoon off, but you broke your leg, or lost a finger or limb. You are out of work for a while. If you can't work, then you won't get paid, right?

Well, it really all depends. In this case, you may be able to receive partial pay for the work that you missed. In most cases, it is about two-thirds of your actual pay. But you have to meet certain requirements to qualify for these lost wages:

First, it's necessary that you missed work for a long time. The amount of time likely must be more than whatever your employer can write off as vacation or sick time. In order to get lost wages, you probably need to have missed days, weeks, or months.

Second, your injury must have been related to your work. If you got hurt playing football with your buddies, or driving to the mall, then you are most likely not eligible for partial reimbursement for lost wages through workers' compensation. (However, just so you know, you may be entitled to compensation from another source. To find out more, contact an injury lawyer in your area.)If I Get Hurt On The Job, Can I Get Lost Wages?

And here is the key when dealing with all injury cases: A injury claim is complex--whether if you were hurt on the job or hurt in a car accident. On top of that, you're hurt, missing work, and need the help of your lost wages to pay medical bills. It is hard to take that all on by yourself.

Luckily, this is where a good injury lawyer intervenes. If you got hurt on the job, you shouldn't have to worry about whether you're going to be able to put food on your family's table. The best personal injury lawyers will know how to handle these complicated issues, and they will prove it with past success. People hurt on the job or not are entitled to just compensation from whoever is responsible.

How do you know if you have found a good injury lawyer to handle your workers' compensation case? The difference between a good lawyer and everyone else is sometimes hard to discern, but it could mean the difference between getting help to pay medical bills and not.

Here's a tip: you can almost always judge the quality of a lawyer by how committed they are to educating their clients about the legal particularities of their case. The more information they provide you, the betterand the best are always going to give you free materials before the ever even ask you to come into their offices.

In short: yes, if you miss a lot of work because you were hurt on the job you may be able to get a partial reimbursement for your lost wagesbut make sure to talk to a competent Workers' Compensation attorney first!

by: Jim Brown
Part Time Weekend Job Handling Boredom On Your Job Microjob's Unique Approach Job Providers membership benefits with microjob Engross Your Partner In Footjob How To Get Your Dream Job? How Moms Can Prepare for a Better Job Job Boredom Guideline To Follow To Stay Awake At Your Job Turtle to Turbo Speed: Is it Wise to Run Through Injury and Illness Several Things You Should Know About a Veterinarian Job Better Employee Productivity - Put Your Policy and Procedure Manuals Online Amend Employee Productivity - Put Your Policy and Procedure Manuals Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.139.72.78) / Processed in 0.012173 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2847, 968,