Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » I Have Critical Illness Insurance Policy, How Do I Make A Claim On It?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Have Critical Illness Insurance Policy, How Do I Make A Claim On It?

You never in a million years thought that it would happen to you

. Unfortunately against all odds the doctor has diagnosed you with one and your life has taken a dramatic change. There are many treatments that can be done and technology is so advanced in this day an age that treatment can in some cases help. Depending on what the illness that you have been diagnosed with the prognosis may not be all that bad. Remember with critical illness insurance that if you are fortunate and survive the survival period and you make some sort of recovery from your illness that you will still be able to receive a payout on the policy. This money can be used for what you want and can even be an amount of money that you have never had nor never would have had without the insurance.

Generally the claims process with every insurance company is very similar. It can be very difficult in a situation like this to be feeling up to completing out forms and speaking to people. If you are incapable and unable to call up yourself and also complete any forms yourself, you are more than entitled to get someone to complete them on your behalf. First of all you should check your policy documents for any specific paths that you need to follow, then you would need to order a claims form from the insurance company.

Once you or someone on your behalf call up your critical illness insurance provider you or they will need to advise them of the current situation and with exactly what the doctor has advised. You will generally be advised to have a claims form sent out in the post to your home address, along with information on which sections you need to complete and which sections your doctor needs to complete. Some insurance companies may request a copy of your original birth certificate to confirm your identity. You need to take into consideration that your policy may have a survival periods on it and that you must survive this stipulated time span to receive a policy benefit payout. Unfortunately should you die within this period, there may be no benefits payable.

When you receive your critical illness insurance claims form in your hand, you or your carer may need to go to the doctor that diagnosed the critical illness and get them to certify it along with signing and dating the form. This needs to be completed by them and signed to confirm you are suffering from the illness that you said. This can in some cases take a while to do purely and simply because doctor can have backlog of other things to do.I Have Critical Illness Insurance Policy, How Do I Make A Claim On It?

Once youre critical illness insurance provider has received your claims form back it will then go to their claims department. They will asses the information that they have received and may even require further information from your doctors. Typically this again can take a couple of weeks if not linger to be sent back after completion. However once it is returned to the insurance provider they are generally quite quick. Generally a claim can be resolved and paid out only when everything has been returned and gathered by the insurance company.

An insurance payout is normally done by the form of a cheque payable to either the policy holder or the beneficiaries as stated on the policy documents (from inception). The insurance company will notify you in writing of their decision and reasons why to your correspondence address once they have reviewed your case.

by: Richard Morris
Tennessee Health Insurance Will Cover People With Pre-existing Conditions Solid Advice For Finding The Right Private Health Insurance For You Affordable Health Care Insurance - Where You Get It Find The Family Holiday Health Spa Retreat Center In Queensland Health Insurance Plans And Health Tips A Closer Look At Two Health Insurance Providers How International Health Insurance Can Help You All That You Need To Know About The UK National Health Insurance Rebate Best 5 Tips For Acquiring Individual Health Insurance Choosing A Suitable Ohio Short Term Health Insurance Plan Common Questions Regarding Health Insurance Things You Need To Ask While Enrolling Health Insurance Better Texas Health Insurance And Health Care
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.238.138.162) / Processed in 0.012339 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3460, 960,