Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Hyperactivity Disorder - Getting The Facts Before You Decide Which Treatment Is Best For Your Child
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hyperactivity Disorder - Getting The Facts Before You Decide Which Treatment Is Best For Your Child

Hyperactivity Disorder - Getting The Facts Before You Decide Which Treatment Is Best For Your Child

When people talk of hyperactivity disorder, they really mean ADHD but as hyperactivity is the most common symptom, it gets shortened to that. However, the definitions are interesting in that some experts refer to this as a 'behavioral syndrome' while others put it under the umbrella of a 'mental disorder'. Some others will dismiss it as a mere 'difference' in the way that children act and behave. I tend to go for the latter definition because I do not think that treating this difference is justified by the massive surge in prescriptions of psychostimulants.

Interestingly enough the first definition I mentioned (behavioral syndrome) probably reflects the best way of treating this difference. If we can treat it through managing behavior we have practically won the battle. If we do it right, that will teach the child how to cope, manage social situations, cope with work and leisure and grow up to be a successful well balanced adult.

But coping with the hyperactivity disorder while children are young can be very demanding for parents who may be in the throes of career and marital problems. ADHD itself ramps up the separation and divorce rates. That is a fact.

The second fact is that medication alone can relieve some of the hyperactivity disorder symptoms. The child may be calmer and there will be less restlessness and fidgeting. The problem is that medication is regarded now by many experts as a band aid type of treatment because it cannot ever teach the child coping and managing behavior skills which he so desperately needs.

The next fact to consider is that many of the symptoms of forgetfulness, distractibility, fidgeting, and paying attention in work, play, or conversation, or difficulty following instructions and completing tasks are just noticeable signs of an imbalance of brain chemicals. We know that this is correct but we do not really know the cause.

Another fact to consider is that the ADHD medications usually prescribed for hyperactivity disorder are not as successful as their manufacturers claim. So much so, that medical experts are now trying to stem the tide and recommend that managing behavior should be the first option rather than medication alone.

Now if you are concerned about how on earth you are going to learn about child behavior modification, there is no need to worry as I have built a website explaining how these strategies can easily be learned. I have also built a website explaining the alternative treatments for ADHD so that you are not forced to go down the psychostimulants route. As you can see,I have been busy! Why not click through to see the results and learn how to approach,what is after all, just a difference.
Youngsters Costume Concepts - The Best Toddler and Young children Costumes for Halloween 9 Weight Loss Tips for Teenage Girls Find out What Is in the Best Interest of the Child in a Child Custody Case Childhood Stories are Inspiration for Bushy Tail Squirrel's First Day Out Are Bedwetting Alarms Safe For Your Child? Buy The Cutest Baby Boy Clothes Advice For Parents - Understanding Teen Depression Childress Has Earned Chance to hold out Job With Vikings How to Take Care of Battery Operated Riding Toy for Kids Why Read Stories with Morals to Your Child? Do You Suspect Your Child's Transposition Of The Great Arteries Was Paxil-caused? Footed Pajamas Or Onesies, The Pajamas With Feet - Make A Comeback (for Kids & Adults Too) Should the Vikings Replace Childress With Tomlin?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.120.109) New York / New York City Processed in 0.005489 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2888, 956,
Hyperactivity Disorder - Getting The Facts Before You Decide Which Treatment Is Best For Your Child New York City