Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » How People Treat Their Teeth
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How People Treat Their Teeth

This dentist spends his waking hours trying to cure a disease that would be virtually eliminated if people would just brush their teeth

. According to him, in the United States, almost 28 million suffer from gum disease or periodontitis. This socalled disease will have a grave impact on a huge number of people during their healthy teeth stages. According to the director of the University of Washington's center for research in oral biology, Americans are generally affected by it and they annually spend $5 billion on dental care even if the disease is not lethal.

To be able to fight gum disease, research and studies in the fields of electrical engineering, medicine and dentistry are very much needed. And yet, there is no better way than brushing and flossing regularly. The bone holds the teeth through a connective tissue called collagen. Plaque happens if collagen, the wirelike fibrous protein is being interfered upon which will eventually cause teeth loosening and teeth loss.

This happens because plaque carries 99 percent of microorganisms or bugs. In fact, inflammation of the gums and the supporting structure beneath it will be the result. Bacteria develop on the surface of the teeth and soon act as colonizers if proper brushing and flossing of the teeth is not practiced. But because a lot of people won't brush their teeth, the public's need for a cure increases and the research for it continues. Only this year, it was reported that a mouthwash from Europe was developed which could prevent plaque build up by killing bacteria.

As what the dentist said, during the World War II, the British Army used bactericide chlorohexidine to sterilize surgical equipment. A Danish scientist applied it as a mouthwash and found it worked, but with a few drawbacks. After a few moments of applying this drug, it leaves the teeth black quite badly. The Danish scientist also said that it also causes temporary loss of taste.

The more serious effect that bactericide chlorohexidine may bring about is the risk of having cancer. Based on experience, drugs with this kind of structure used to be safe on people and on animals but new findings indicate that it is cancerous. Now, there is another problem. It is having a very clean mouth.

Let's say that all the bugs are killed by sterilizing your mouth. In reality, our entire gastrointestinal tract contains bugs. They even actually help in food digestion, human metabolism, and in the production of Vitamin K.

If a drug is present that could kill plaque forming bacteria, would that be good or bad? For sure, I will place my money on bacteria that can overpower drugs. Nearly, all gum disease is the result of being forgetful. Brushing will definitely work if they just remember to do it. More importantly, the disease is curable. But I don't think the public will actually do something about it.

by: bernicep
Dentists Richmond Va:Do I Need Braces Dentists Arlington Va:Do I Need Braces Richmond Va Dentists:Invisalign Braces Eye Loupes: Important tools in dentistry Dentists Harrisonburg Va:Do I Need Braces Choose The Best Dentist For Your Teeth Get Rid Of Tooth Pain At Dentist Louisville Dentists Fairfax Va:Do I Need Braces The Risks In Teeth Whitening Dental Care Is Important To All The Traveler's Planner For The Dental Tourist Is The Economy Creating Business For Dentists? The Nightmare Of Getting Your Teeth Pulled Out
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.5.149) / Processed in 0.005468 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2969, 964,
How People Treat Their Teeth