Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner

Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner

We all know the healing powers of heat and the sun

. When we go to the beach, the hot sand feels great on our muscles and bones. There is a therapeutic way to get the benefit of this feeling, without all the sand. It feels even better. It isn't anything new! It's hot stone massage. I was a little cynical when I first heard about and was reluctant to try it. However, when I first had one, I was hooked.

The professional who will perform this is in a clinical environment with sanitary tools (stones). They are kept in boiling water to inhibit the growth of bacteria. The therapist will be trained and certified. He/she will use tools or gloves to remove the stones from the water when they are needed for a client and this keeps them sanitary.

The stones used for this are the ones used through the ages and the history of hot stone massage. They are smooth basalt stones. These retain heat very well and are believed to have energizing properties.

Another great thing about this type of massage is that it is easier on the hands of the massage therapist as the tools are used to apply pressure. The stones are laid out on both sides of the spine, delivering heat to the body. The masseuse also massages the client with heated oiled stones. You can request a customized massage based on pressure level on tissue and muscle. The harder the stones are pressed, the more pressure is applied. It can be hard, medium or light. This helps with blood flow. This type of massage to me sounded great, as when it comes to pressure, I'm such a wimp. I can't take too much, but this customized massage suited me and my problem areas very well.Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner

The art of massage became popular in the US in the 1800's. It had a surge of popularity until the 1930's and 40's. Not only regular massage, but also hot stone massage. When modern medicine came to the forefront, the art of massage therapy became discounted as lesser than. Suddenly, it became popular again in the 1960's and 1970's when nurses began to use it to relieve pain in patients. It again gained credibility when, in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta it was used as core medical service. Are you convinced? Do you want what's good enough for an Olympian?

Many (about 90,000) people in the United States claim massage therapy as their part-time or full-time job. Most are self-employed. A large percentage of these workers are of part-time and self-employed workers. Most states in the United States require some sort of a license to practice massage therapy. If a state does not have any massage laws, then nothing is required and a practitioner need not apply for any sort of license with the state. To train in the US where a license is required it involves 500-1000 hours in length, resulting in a certificate, diploma, or degree depending on the particular school. Go ahead and try hot stone massage. You'll love it.

by: Scott Rodriguez
Pregnancy Massage: Alleviate Pain Due To Pregnancy Faster Senior Health Insurance Top- Up your Health Insurance Policy! Tips For Comparing Rates For Health Insurance In Australia Group Health Insurance - An Effective Option in Virginia How & Where To Do A Health Insurance Compare Impact of Affordable Health Insurance Reform on Hispanics Over The Counter Meds To Alleviate Back Pain: How Effective Are They? Importance Of Low-income Health Insurance Doctors Don't Focus On Making A Quick Buck Memory foam mattress alleviates back pain How Colorado Springs Microdermabrasion Can Help Your Skin Head Massage Alleviates Soreness Sooner
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.63.145) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.012575 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3004, 960,
Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Soreness Sooner Columbus