Insurances.net
insurances.net » Health Insurance » Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Aches Sooner
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Aches Sooner

We all know the healing powers of heat and the sun

. When we go to the beach, the hot sand feels great on our muscles and bones. There is a therapeutic way to get the benefit of this feeling, without all the sand. It feels even better. It isn't anything new! It's hot stone massage. I was a little cynical when I first heard about and was reluctant to try it. However, when I first had one, I was hooked.

This will be done by a professional and is very sanitary. Your masseuse will keep the stones in boiling water. This is done in order to avoid bacteria growing on them. They will be removed using a glove or another sanitary tool when they are required in order to give the massage.

What type of stones are used? Well, they are basalt, smooth rocks which have been used throughout the ages, as they are believed to have energizing properties. They also retain heat very well. Other types of massage use other types of tools, as well as the hands of the therapist.

The hands are the other tools used when giving a hot stone massage. It is much easier on the hands of the therapist than regular massage, as he/she doesn't have to use his/her hands to apply pressure - rather the stones and pressing on them cause pressure. The sanitized warm stones are laid on either side of the spine, while other stones are covered with warm oil and rubbed on the clients legs and arms. For me, this is luxurious. I don't require much pressure, but my husband, whose muscles have deep ache, requires as much pressure as is possible. This is why this type of massage suits him. Nothing like a customized massage.Hot Stone Massage: Alleviate Aches Sooner

Massage therapy became popular in the US in the 1800's and grew in popularity until the 1930's and 40's. The development of modern medicine discounted its benefits, and use dwindled. It made a re-appearance in the 1960's and 1970's when nurses began to use it to alleviate pain in patients. In the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta massage was deemed a core medical service, which gave it great credibility.

Many (about 90,000) people in the United States claim massage therapy as their part-time or full-time job. Most are self-employed. A large percentage of these workers are of part-time and self-employed workers. Most states in the United States require some sort of a license to practice massage therapy. If a state does not have any massage laws, then nothing is required and a practitioner need not apply for any sort of license with the state. To train in the US where a license is required it involves 500-1000 hours in length, resulting in a certificate, diploma, or degree depending on the particular school. Go ahead and try hot stone massage. You'll love it.

by: Hector Espinoza
Neck Massage Alleviate Pain Sooner Good Steps To Take For Cheaper Health Care Insurance Plans Remove VDoctor - How to Remove VDoctor Completely Government Grants For Small Business To Alleviate The Effects Of Your Recession | Small Businesses' Choices To Recover Remove VDoctor - How to manually Remove VDoctor Tips For Choosing Company Health Insurance Getting Affordable Health Insurance Quotes Online In A Hassle Free Way! Knowing When to Visit the Doctor Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas is the Industry Leader for Individual Health Insurance Health Care Insurance Plan -- Smart Recommendations For Massive Discounts Smart Steps To Land Inexpensive Healthcare Insurance Rates Transferring Wealth Through Health Insurance For Seniors Essentials of Health Insurance Premium
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.124.252) / Processed in 0.012395 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2803, 960,