Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Global Market Comments | Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) | Macro Millionaire Trading Service
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Global Market Comments | Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) | Macro Millionaire Trading Service

Global Market Comments | Take a Look at Occidental Petroleum (OXY) | Macro Millionaire Trading Service

As a follow up to my trade alert for Macro Millionaires to buy the double leveraged oil major ETF (DIG), I thought you'd like to know what my second choice was. There are a lot of belles at the ball, but you can't dance with all of them.

While a student at UCLA in the early seventies, I took a World Politics course which required me to pick a country, analyze its economy, and make recommendations for its economic development. I chose Algeria, a country where I had spent the summer of 1968 caravanning among the Bedouins, crawling out of the desert half starved, lice ridden, and half dead. I concluded that the North African country should immediately nationalize the oil industry, and raise prices from $3/barrel to $10. I knew that Los Angeles based Occidental Petroleum (OXY) was interested in exploring for oil there, so I sent my paper to the company for review. They called the next day and invited me to their imposing downtown headquarters, then the tallest building in Los Angeles.

I was ushered into the office of Dr. Armand Hammer, one of the great independent oil moguls of the day, a larger than life figure who owned a spectacular impressionist art collection, and who confidently displayed a priceless Faberg egg on his desk. He said he was impressed with my paper, and then spent two hours grilling me. Why should oil prices go up? Who did I know there? What did I see? What was the state of their infrastructure? Roads? Bridges? Rail lines? Did I see any oil derricks? Did I see any Russians? I told him everything I knew, including the two weeks in an Algiers jail for taking pictures in the wrong places. His parting advice was to never take my eye off the oil industry, as it is the driver of everything else. I have followed that advice ever since.

When I went back to UCLA I told a CIA friend of mine that I had just spent the afternoon with the eminent doctor (Marsha, call me!). She told me that he had been a close advisor of Vladimir Lenin after the Russian Revolution, had been a double agent for the Soviets ever since, that the F.B.I had known this all along, and was currently funneling illegal campaign donations to President Richard Nixon. Shocked, I kicked myself for going into an interview so ill prepared, and had missed a golden opportunity to ask some great questions. I never made that mistake again.

Read Full Article Here:

==> John Thomas Mad Hedge Fund Trader Global Market Comments for April 8,2011
How To Find Reliable Dentists In Blackburn Dentist Sandy Springs - Try a Hand at Exercise or Not Reno Cosmetic Dentist Should a Root Canal be Done At Pregnancy Dallas TX Dentist Different Reasons of Teeth Pain Bellevue Dentist Basic Dental Phrases that you ought to Know Invisalign Dentist in Kansas City – Advantages of Invisalign over Braces Teeth whitening gel - smarter way to whiten teeth All About Where To Go For Low-cost Cosmetic Dental Plastic Surgery Pediatric Dentist Dallas Mar2011 Children's Dentistry Helps Develop Properly Aligned Teeth The Widespread Causes of Stained Teeth Best Dentist In Laurel MD The Useful Facts of Cosmetic Dentistry
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.185.180) / Processed in 0.012487 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2630, 964,