Insurances.net
insurances.net » Dental Insurance » Gentling Dental Rochester Mn - Children's Dentistry
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Gentling Dental Rochester Mn - Children's Dentistry

5 things your dentist wants you to know about children's dentistry

1. When to schedule your child's first visit

A good rule of them is to take your baby to the dentist six months after their first tooth erupts. Generally this is when they are 1 year old.

Baby teeth are critical to the permanent teeth to follow. Infections can affect the permanent teeth underneath. Baby teeth hold the space for the permanent tooth that will erupt later. A baby tooth that is lost too early can cause the permanent teeth to shift and be out of alignment.

2. When is your child old enough to brush by themselves?

Until the age of 5, most children do not have the find motor skills necessary to brush their teeth by themselves. Parents need to supervise their child's tooth brushing until they develop the skill to brush their own teeth.

3. When to add toothpaste to their brushing?

When your baby's first tooth erupts, start by gently swabbing their gums with a soft cloth. By age one, introduce their toothbrush and begin to brush their teeth with water. As they become skilled at holding their own toothbrush, put a small smear of toothpaste on their brush. By the age of 5 you can begin to put a pea size amount of toothpaste on their brush.

4. Should I be adding fluoride?

Generally children receive the necessary fluoride in their drinking water and from the toothpaste they use. For children on well water, ask your dentist about supplementing with fluoride tablets.

5. What should I do if my child's tooth is knocked out?

Place your child's tooth in a container of skim milk and rush your child and their tooth to the dentist within an hour of the tooth being knocked out. The sooner the better, for the best successful outcome.

6. Is it ok if my toddler goes to bed with a bottle?

A child who is put to bed with a bottle of juice, is much more likely to develop cavities. If you feel your child still needs a bottle, make sure that is contains water only.

The three most critical steps to your child's having a lifetime of healthy teeth.

1. Brush your teeth after every meal, at least three times a day. Floss at least once a day.

2. Eat a well-balanced diet. Good nutrition helps you maintain healthy teeth.

3. Have your teeth examined and cleaned every six months, more if you have gum disease or other conditions that place you at greater risk of oral health problems.

by: Rochester Professional
How to Find a Dentist in Hattiesburg How to Help Your Child Deal with the Dentist How to Spot a Fake Dentist Obtaining Dental Treatment Family Dentist, Just as Important as Your Family Doctor Gentling Dental Rochester Mn, Crowns, Implants, Fillings Dentist Finding The Right Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentists Why Many People Might Like Ultreo Ultrasound Toothbrush That Most Dentists Recommend. What Are The Ways To Acquire Information On Teeth Whitening Dog Teeth Brushing - I Don't Like It Either, But You Need To Do It Guidelines On How To Choose A Cosmetic Dentist Want a Fresh from the Dentist Smile? Upper East Side Braces Dental Implants - A Permanent Fix For Missing Teeth
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.100.120) / Processed in 0.012249 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 2603, 964,
Gentling Dental Rochester Mn - Children's Dentistry