Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Do I Need Umbrella Insurance
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Do I Need Umbrella Insurance

Nowadays, lawyers and lawsuits are all around us. It is impossible to predict whether you could be involved in a lawsuit resulting from an accident on your property or a car accident. Courts are awarding larger payouts than ever before. If you are involved in an accident, do you have enough liability insurance to protect yourself? The financial loss can be devastating to you and your family. You may want to safeguard yourself and your possessions with an umbrella policy.

Now you may be asking yourself, what is an umbrella policy? An umbrella insurance policy protects your existing personal assets and future income like wages, inheritance and/or winnings of any kind against the cost of losing a lawsuit over an accident on your property or in your car. If you were to lose such a lawsuit, the medical expenses and lost wages can get very costly, very quickly. Since no one can predict how a judge may award the injured party, umbrella insurance is not just for the wealthy anymore, but a necessary protection for everyone.

An umbrella policy starts where your homeowners and auto insurance stops. As an example, say your auto insurance policy pays $300,000 of medical expenses per accident and your umbrella policy is for $1 million. If you are sued for $900,000, your auto insurance would pay $300,000 of the damages and your umbrella policy would pay the remaining $600,000. Umbrella policies usually provide $1 million to $5 million of additional coverage but its possible to get an even larger policy if you have significant assets to protect.

Keep in mind that an umbrella policy is a type of "personal insurance" and will not protect you from lawsuits related to any type of business you own.

The good news is that personal liability insurance policy can give you added protection without a big additional cost. Considering the added protection you can get, additional liability insurance is usually inexpensive. The team at R. L. Thomas Services in Encino, Ca can discuss your additional needs and suggest a policy that is perfect for you and your budget.

by: MaryAnnBozek
Motor Trade Insurance Is Very Important In The Motor Trading Business Motortrade Insurance Gives You Security From Monetary Loss In Difficult Situations Traders Insurance Is Essential Factor To Protect Your Business How To Choose: Online Pre-license Insurance Courses Or Classroom Study Important Things To Check When Looking For Insurance Providers My Workers Comp Insurance Company Might Be Acting In Bad Faith, What Can I Do? Assamese Cuisine In Weddings Workers Compensation Insurance In California An Overview Considerable Facts To Find Commercial Insurance Quotes Why Getting Business Insurance Is Imperative For A Commercial Enterprise? Allstate Insurance Company Celebrates Pro Football Hall Of Fame 50th Anniversary With All-time Te How To Easily Find Income Protection Insurance Safeguard Your Business From Unanticipated Risks With Insurance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.202.167) / Processed in 0.012189 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 11 , 2216, 975,