Insurances.net
insurances.net » Family Insurance » Child Slings Make Acceptance and Recovery Easier on a Child (and Parents!)
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Child Slings Make Acceptance and Recovery Easier on a Child (and Parents!)

On top of all of that misery you can't get the cast wet so that causes the child to give up their standard bath time and some other enjoyed activities like swimming with their friends.

Arm slings are somewhat restrictive and sometimes physical activities are limited by doctor's orders. Some kids get depressed when they can't button their own pants, write with their hand of choice, or get left out of activities such as sports or PE. It is hard for kids to deal with such limitations for a day, much less six weeks. I can almost guaranty that they will want to ditch the arm sling before the healing is complete and you can expect rivalry between parents and child as the parent tries to enforce doctor's orders.

Let's face it, arm slings are boring on top of being down right ugly. I am well past my prime and I personally had a problem wearing that hideous sling around my neck day after day. I knew that it was important to healing properly but none the less, it was putting a kink in my desire to look fashionable. I can only imagine how that might feel like with kids with all of the peer pressure that exists these days.Child Slings Make Acceptance and Recovery Easier on a Child (and Parents!)

After the severe pain goes away and the bone is set, kids are usually excited about going back to school. At first, having a broken bone is "cool", but it doesn't take long for that feeling to wear off and the cast and the arm sling become a total nuisance.

It can be tragic to a parent that is supposed to make everything better for their child, but when a broken bone is involved, there is really not much that you can do to raise the spirits of the child. I know from experience that presenting a fashionable arm sling will make things somewhat better. It will make the child have more confidence about going out in public and hanging out with friends at school. It will attract positive comments and make the healing process so much simpler.

Getting a tot sling or child slings made out of appealing material decorated with hearts, frogs or sea animals will definitely bring the smile back onto the child's face. It will make them feel distinguished again because the other kids don't have something so neat. It can be really uplifting during the recovery from a broken arm.

Linda F. Seymour is the founder, owner and operator of Bling My Sling, LLC [http://www.bling-my-sling.com]. She also authorsarticlesabout injuries that require arm slings.
Celebrating Bittersweet Memories of Childhood with Gifts for Brother Affordable Options for Family Health Insurance Finding Appropriate Family Health Insurance Cyber Bullying - Could This Be Happening In your Kids - Discover the Solution Family Health Insurance - What Type of Cover Should You be Looking for? Everything You Need to Know About Family Health Insurance Keeping Your Family Secured with Family Health Insurance A Law Of Attraction For Children : The S.T.A.R. Powered Twins Discover The Secret Of Words Having difficulty discovering child boy gifts? Finding the right expat Insurance for you and your family Uncover Designer Children Garments at Low cost Charges Grandparents and Child Custody - Kid Custody Rules Frugal Families: Clothing Your Kids For Less
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.228.7.237) / Processed in 0.012375 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2566, 976,