Insurances.net
insurances.net » Mortgage Insurance » Can I Get A Mortgage Modification On My Second Mortgage
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Can I Get A Mortgage Modification On My Second Mortgage

Can I Get A Mortgage Modification On My Second Mortgage

Home Loan modifications are created to make the mortgage payment easier to pay

, generally by decreasing the interest rate, furthering the loan term and, rarely, by reducing the loan balance. It is not a mortgage refinance, which pays in full the current loan with a new home loan, but it is subject to lender approval.

The "Making Home Affordable" plan from the Obama administration, a new second-mortgage plan gives homeowners whose first mortgages are modified to automatically have payments decreased on their second position mortgage as well, subject to both the primary and secondary lienholders participating in the program.

Currently, a dozen or more mortgage servicers participate in the program. Included in the pool are the big lenders such as Bank of America, Chase, Citibank, Wells Fargo and others.

Borrowers who are prequalified seeking to modify their first mortgage terms need to:Can I Get A Mortgage Modification On My Second Mortgage

" Be an owner-occupant of the home;

" Have an unpaid principal loan balance that is less than $729,750;

" Have a loan that was created on or before Jan. 1, 2009;

" Have a mortgage payment (including taxes, insurance, and home owners association dues) that is greater than 31 percent of their gross monthly income;

" Have a mortgage payment that they are unable to pay, possibly due to a significant change in income or expenses.

In addition to reducing the housing payment, lenders are abel to pick to take out a homeowners junior mortgage in exchange for a one-time big payment from the federal government.

Incentives for Short-sales

In a short sale, the lender will consider the mortgage paid off in return for the sales price the homeowner can get. Although, the difference in the sales price and the greater existing loan is at times termed to be income whereby the seller could be taxed. Since it it a possibility, it is a good idea to use the service of a tax advisor in the transaction.

Under the new short sale program from the Obama administration, lenders are able to get back a $1,000 payment from the U.S. Treasury for letting the seller to sell the house for less than the balance due on the mortgage and for approving the proceeds as full repayment, versus letting it be categorized as a short sale.

Lenders can also get back $1,000 for accepting a deed-in-lieu deal, in whereby the deed to the property is basically transferred to the lender instead of letting it go through an expensive foreclosure. Borrowers who approve a short sale or deed-in-lieu transaction are eligible to get back nearly $1,500 in closing costs. To help stop second mortgages from stopping the deal, the Treasury department will give borrowers who have second liens up to $1,000 to give up their claims in such transactions.

by: Ray Heinson
# 2 I recently tried cbda oil tincture after the prime prematurely and was pleasantly surprised next to the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and be in the land of nod issues without any remarkable side effects. The fuel was serene to speak, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, vulgar taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a patent upgrading in my overall well-being, instinct more blas‚ and rested. I appreciate the unstudied approximate to wellness CBD offers and representation to go on using it.   2024-2-20 03:32  reply
Have A Bash At Commercial Remortgage And See The Change In Your Business Mortgage Protection Insurance 4 Wealth Building Pitfalls For Retirement Mortgage Broker Power Benefits Consumers 2010 Mortgage Rate Predictions Mortgage Insurance In Canada Overview Why Insure your Mortgage? A Wealth Building Seminar Can Be Valuable How to Avert a Misselling Of Mortgage Payment Insurance? Refinance Mortgage Rates - Is This The Smart Decision For You? Wealth Building Loan Modification - The Step By Step Process Who Benefits From Using A Mortgage Broker?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.198.146) / Processed in 0.012292 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2870, 965,