Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Auto Detailing, Why I Leave It To The Pros
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Auto Detailing, Why I Leave It To The Pros

Auto Detailing, Why I Leave It To The Pros

Why do I let the pros do my auto detailing? That's easy

, I love my truck! I like the shiny red paint and the contrast of the black interior. I enjoy having enough space for the whole family and the groceries without feeling I am in a sardine can. But try as I might, there is the inevitable spilled milkshake or a bag of Doritos that becomes a casualty of war between the kids. As if that wasn't enough there is always the grime, grit and tar that gets thrown up from the road.

I love my truck, but to be brutally honest, I hate cleaning it even more! I don't know about you, but the last thing I feel like doing on my weekend off is wasting a day trying to clean it out then wash and dry it off. I neither have the patience nor the time to keep it looking like it rolled off the showroom floor, but that's precisely the way I want it to look.

So I cheat. I take it to The Detail Shop on Highway 64 in Memphis and let them do their thing. There was a time when I enjoyed that kind of stuff I guess. But over the years I have learned the hard way that despite my best intentions I usually end up doing more harm than good.

Here are a couple reasons that I have the pros do my auto detailing now.Auto Detailing, Why I Leave It To The Pros

I ruined the clear coat finish on one of my cars after getting a buffer one Christmas. (Whoops) I scratched up an expensive Cragar mag using a soft scrubber that someone 'swore' that they used and it worked every time! I won't even get into the story of trying to clean the carpets in my van with a steam cleaner I rented. And if you ever hear that old wives tale about using oven cleaner to clean off your tires, you can forget that one too.

Now that I am older and a bit wiser I let the professionals detail my vehicles. The bottom line is that I have too much money wrapped up in them to ruin their resale value by trying to do it myself.

Fortunately, I ran into Howard Reed almost 11 years ago now. Howard is the owner of The Detail Shop in Memphis and that is real secret as to why both of my vehicles look absolutely superb. In fact if it wasn't for some slight changes in the body styles over the years, you really would not be able to tell how old they were.

One of the most impressive things that The Detail Shop does is a three stage process of high-speed buffing. It gives the paint a kind of luminescent, mirror-like finish that is hard to describe. When one of the autos gets dirty from driving in the rain or covered with pollen, all I need to do is give it a quick rinse with the hose and chamois it off. I don't use the car washes because the water is dirty and the chemicals spot the finish. (That was something else I learned the hard way)

Over the years I have had The Detail Shop treat my seats with Scotch Guard so I don't have to worry when there is the occasional mishap. They have tinted my windows, steam cleaned the carpets and even repaired a chip on one of my cars windshield.

I always look forward going to The Detail Shop to drop off one of my cars because I know what it is going to look like when they have it done. I guess that is why they do a lot of auto detailing for the local car dealerships in addition to private owners.

I know what you are probably thinking at this point, but you would be wrong, they didn't pay me a dime to write this! I am just so impressed with my experience over the years that I wanted to give them more than a three line review on some website. This is my way of saying "Thank You" to all the guys over at The Detail Shop and why they have my business for life! So if you want your car looking it's best, you can either waste your weekend or you can take it to the auto detailing pros and get it right the first time.

Copyright 2012 Greg Traver

by: Gen Wright
Signing Up For 3-year Car Insurance Plan Communities With Used Cars Salford Auto Dealing Services Efficient Dealer In Indianapolis Auto Dealerships Auto Sales And Service Dealers In Indianapolis Indiana Precision Redefining The Performance Of Automobiles Top Reasons Policy Holders Lose Their Car Insurance Hidden Tips To Slash Car Insurance Bills Motorcycle Fairings: What Is It All About? Shopping For Insurance For Your Home And Car The History Of Honda Motorcycle Cbr1000rr Fairings Why Choose Cheap Car Insurance? Auto Loans For People With Bad Credit Get Lots More People The Opportunity To Buy A Car Getting Car Insurance With Dui For Convicted Drivers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.188.175.182) Paraiba / Alagoa Nova Processed in 0.012645 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3903, 952,
Auto Detailing, Why I Leave It To The Pros Alagoa Nova