Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » Adding a Unique Touch to Your Boat Building Designs
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Adding a Unique Touch to Your Boat Building Designs

Now, if you have read any of my other articles on boat building designs

, you will have seen that I rate high quality boat plans at the top of the list for the amateur boat builder. However, today you'll be shocked to see me going off plan (well, at least a little bit!).

Don't get me wrong, I stand by what I've said before and plans are extremely important, but I'm also a man who likes to see a little originality and personal flare when it comes to woodworking. It's a little like adding your own signature touch to the build. Therefore, in this article I'm suggesting you modify your boat with some unique touches.

This could be done with the finish, for example the way you paint it, but for a longer lasting and more professional touch you could consider making you mark on the woodwork. One technique you could choose to use here would be carving the wood in a particular shape for certain parts of the boat, such as a bird's beak on the handrails for instance.

It doesn't have to be anything too fancy if you don't feel so confident and don't want to ruin hours of following plans by the book, only to mess it up with the last touches. It also doesn't have to just be for show if you're not that kind of person and you could add some with added functionality, such as drip grooves or capillary breaks. These are great touches that will also help protect your boat from rot.Adding a Unique Touch to Your Boat Building Designs

Really, it's up to you what you choose to do and how far you go with it. You may like to go and look at other boats for inspiration and then come up with your own design. The world is your oyster, so just have fun playing around. If you're building a larger boat, or you may want to create your own figurehead if you are feeling particularly adventurous, or you could scale this idea down for smaller boats.

You have spent the time and put in blood, sweat and tears building your boat, following to the plan to make sure you get it all just right. This is now the time to reward that hard work by having a little fun with those woodworking skills you have learnt and developed along the way. It will also make sure that your boat is looking extra special as you embark on your maiden voyage.

In conclusion, as mentioned in the introduction, I still firmly believe in following high quality plans. The majority of your boat is designed for functionality and safety and you need to make sure that these things remain in tact. However, where you can, add a little of yourself to your boat and personalize it with your own touch.

If you enjoyed this article or found it useful, please take a moment to leave a comment and let me know. I would love to know your thoughts, so just drop me a line. For more information on boat planning and designs, or for similar boat building topics, also please feel free to visit my website, you're always welcome aboard. Just click on the links below.

By: Tony Metcalf
Repo Auctions: Cheap Boats For Sale Find Repossessed Boats For Auction Near You Boat Rentals Austin: Planning Your Gateway to Texas? Boat and Caravan Movers Ichobezi Safari houseboats Lake Travis Houseboat Rentals: For The Most Fun In The Sun! Why Not Purchase A Flat Fishing Boat For Use In Shallow Waters? Disposing Of An Unwanted Vessel Every Boaters Responsibility! A Relaxing Fishing Trip On A Floating Pontoon Is It Easy to Create a Boat Design? How to Build Your Own Sailboat Black Sailor Cotton Lolita Dress,buy Black Sailor Cotton Lolita Dress Four Advantages of Using Aluminum to Build a Boat
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.147.87) / Processed in 0.012715 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3108, 977,