Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » 5 Funny Ways To Save Money On City Utilities
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

5 Funny Ways To Save Money On City Utilities

City utilities, do they really need to cost so much

?

Certainly not .

It doesn't matter if you want to cut heat hogs, plug water waste or power off light loss there are ways to proceed and succeed.

#1: Know Stuff

An ounce of knowledge must be worth a pound of something, in this case it just might be your hard earned money.

How?

Auditing.

Hey, where'd ya go? This is a good audit, unlike most others including IR something or other .

Types of audits can include:

Energy audits

Lighting audits

Online consumption audits

Water usage audits

These audits help your budget say "got it" for increased savings.

#2: Beam Me Up

Yup, just like with Star Trek this method can beam savings to you. Wait! I'm not sure that came out rightIt is possible that I lost it, errr you.

We're talking about your thermostat. Okay, maybe not your thermostat but the one in your house Is what we are discussing.

There are wonderful benefits to be had from swapping to a programmable unit. No longer do you need to wonder if you left the heat on. Because it controls the horizontal and the vertical, or at least the heat .

This is especially cool on those cold winter mornings. Just set it to start 30 minutes before you getup and its not so unpleasant to get out of under the sheets after all.

#3A: Put A Cork In It

Sorry if that offended, but I wasn't talking to you; I was talking to your toilet.

It was whinning because of the water bottle I had you put in the back.

Follow these simple steps:

A: Fill your water bottle with something that will make it sink to the bottom of the tank. Your stash of unused pennies works great here.

B: 1.

C: Quickly look at the refill tank. You notice that ball thing on a stick back there? It doesn't actually drop as far before starting to fill the tank again.

Why? Your watter bottle, that's why.

Not only are you conserving on water but you are also saving your pennies at the same time. Yup, their back there in the water tank should you find yourself in need of them.

#3B: Dueling Flushes

While we are on the subject of toilets I wanted to take a quick moment to flush this out. Some places (like Australia) have dual flushing systems.

The bottom line is that if what you did requires less water for cleaning its available and well if it didn't, I stink you get the idea.

#4: Carry A Cross

And while you are at it a pair of scissors too, just don't run at the same time.

Why scissors?

Because you are going to snip away unnecessary energy hogs like power strips and cell phone chargers. Cut through remote control drainage from DVD, TV, CD, and whatever other initials you might think of. And slash through electrical devices like alarms and digital clocks.

If that is a bit extreme for you then at least unplug the puppies as they are known to be able to sap up to 40% of energy expenses each and every month .

#5: Be A Drip

Gorgeious flower gardens and vegetable bounties can get the water they need through drip feeding while you continue to save your pennies in your toilet. My garden keeps growing when it remembers to do what I forget, I like that.

And the story is told.

Five funny ways for you to keep your hard earned dollars away from the city utilities.

By: Cal Power
5 Food Storage Tips That Will Save You Money 5 Financial Habits To Be Ignored 5 Easy Ways To Make Money With Fiverr 5 Common Money Mistakes About Cars 5 Bucks A Day Review 5 Biblical Keys Review 5 Benefits of personal financial planning 5 Amazing Places Where Single Moms Can Get Help with Financial Aid 4Videosoft AVI Video Converter Review 4Videosoft AVC Converter Review 4Moms Mamaroo Infant Seat Review 4321 Personal Financial Plan 42 Inch Lcd Tv Deals: Superlative Lcd Tvs Within Budget
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.190.232) / Processed in 0.011172 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 82 , 3673, 385,