Insurances.net
insurances.net » Boat Insurance » 10 Causes Of Boating Accidents
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

10 Causes Of Boating Accidents

Having been out so many times on the water, it is possible for a sense of familiarity

to dull the care which should always be taken over safety measure for the day. It's human and accidents happen.

Accidents happen to all sorts of boats and to all sorts of people and sometimes even when the greatest care has been taken to avoid an accident. For instance a father and his young son were paddling in their kayak when they were stuck by a motorboat pulling a water skier. The young boy was killed. This is one of the causes of boating fatalities and is repeated in the list below.

Drinking and driving cause one fifth of all boating accidents. There is no law that says you may not drink and steering your boat at the same time. A boat may weight 5 tonnes and have no brakes.

Alcohol and speed on the water are another contributory cause to accidents

Boating collisions. These can be avoided especially now when you can brush up on your navigation skills online on courses offered by the United States Coast Guard.

Having navigation lights on your boat which do not work.

Hitting channel/navigation markers

Not being prepared sufficiently, especially with regard to life jackets or personal flotation devices. These are designed today to extremely high standards and are not costly.

Tubing or water-skiing too close to pilings

Being swamped by high waves.

Colliding with a buoy

Not following boating guidelines, like putting out dive buoys and dive flags when scuba diving is taking place.

It is clear that even if one boat owner follows all guidelines, he may be at risk of being hit by another who does not.

Draw up a 'risk and safety assessment' for your days out. As each one is checked, tick its box. And remember, get yourself and all your passengers wearing their life jackets. This is the best way to avoid boating accidents.

By: Doreen Murgatroyd
# 2 I recently tried cbd gummies in search the pre-eminent prematurely and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and doze issues without any unconcealed side effects. The oil was easy to put to use, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a mild, vulgar liking that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided improvement in my blanket well-being, feeling more relaxed and rested. I know the ingenuous approach to wellness CBD offers and procedure to go on using it.   2024-2-20 14:02  reply
The Seven Top Cheap Inflatable Boat Purchasing Queries 3 Key Things to Look for When Buying a Pre-Owned Speed Boat Income As well as Fund On your Fishing boat 4 Basic Steps You Need To Learn at Boating Courses 3d Boat Design Torrent The Real Cost Of Boat Ownership Boat Insurance Provides Security For Your Fishing And Recreational Boats 3d Boat Design For Beginners An Overview About Boat Loaders Sell Or Buy Used Boats Online And Acquire The Best Deal The Five Best Reasons to Take up RC Sailboats — When Other People Do It So Easily! Boat Excursion To Ras Mohamed Park | Red Sea Snorkeling Tours & Trips From Sharm 3d Boat Design Tutorial
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.196.59) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012017 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 2044, 977,
Copenhagen