Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOU—THE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOU—THE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS

WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOU—THE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS

Law schools, colleges and business schools all over this country teach business and theory of business, important stuff no doubt

. But when you get ready to kick off a new venture, do any of them teach you the steps to take? Do you know the actual practical steps to take?

I teach at two local colleges and am blessed to get the opportunity to teach a course which is close enough to this topic that I can not only teach the core material but to actually teach them how to actually start a business. I mean the down and dirty 1-2-3's of the process.

Most people simply go to an attorney or accountant and pay them for their help. But let's think about that? Have they ever been in business? These guys are professionals, not businessmen. What experiences have most of them had actually starting a business? Most have no such experience. Then why do we tend to think they can help?

They have expertise but not in what you really need. Anyone can form a corporation or LLC or set up a set of books, but few can do all the things and have all the knowledge truly necessary to effectively start a new business.

What really should happen is that someone who has personally formed and started new businesses and have worked in those businesses and made them successful should be the type person you work with. Does this sound crazy or does it have a ring of common sense?

Well I have been an attorney for 29 years and also an accountant. Speaking from such a position, I am pretty well informed to tell you that unless you have worked in many small business start ups, you may be able to talk the talk, but walking the walk will be hard. There are so many day to day issues that will come up that the so called experts will be silenced. Only those that have walked the hot coals of a start up know what to expect and what to do.

So seriously consider who you use as your sounding board when you begin this process. Get legal help from attorneys, tax and bookkeeping help from accountants and business help from business people.

For more practical advice and direction on how to start up a new business or work through problems with and existing business, check out our free blog articles at

Southerncrossconsultingonline.com and/or www.socrossconsulting.com

WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOUTHE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS

By: Jeffrey Jones
THE PITY PORCH IS CROWDED—STEP OFF AND START A SMALL BUSINESS The Benefits Of Cheap Plastic Business Cards Office Desk Furniture - Choices For Your Business Are Vast Same Day Cash Loans: Heal Your Monetary Tensions Comfortably Different Methods Of Installing Business Security Systems Business VoIp A Good Communication Option During Recession Use Quality Leadanswer Services To Pamper Your Mortgage Business Competitor Analysis For Australian Businesses- What It Involves Where To Find Your Ideal Business Phone Service Provider Move Your Business Up With Salehoo Review Does Your Business Need Off-site Data Storage? What Every Successful Online Business Venture Needs Teleconference Phones Are The Best Way To Keep In Touch With Your Business Partners
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.200.197) New York / New York City Processed in 0.005771 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2480, 146,
WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOU—THE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS New York City