Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » Strategic Thinking Is Crucial
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Strategic Thinking Is Crucial

Strategic Thinking Is Crucial

When I was an MBA student at Harvard Business School

, professors rewarded strategic thinking. I excelled in strategic thinking and was therefore able to do well even though I was poor in math. In each case we needed to clarify what really mattered to an executive and the company. I could do this exceptionally well by focusing on the big picture. I saw what pieces fit in where and what was needed to complete the puzzle. On tests, I would describe this big picture and then I would say, If I had time to do all the math, I would expect the numbers to come out this way. Professors saw that I had grasped the big picture and gave me good grades.

I learned from my classmates that some tried to excel via their math skills. They analyzed all the numbers to death. The problem was that they got lost in the details and time ran out before they solved the puzzle mathematically. They couldnt see the forest for the trees. They got lower grades because they used the wrong thinking approach. Harvard believed that our business success depended on thinking strategically.

How about you? Can you notice what thinking approach is called for in a given situation? When to turn on your strategic thinking? Once you know it is time to think strategically, I suggest asking yourself two questions:

1. What is the main problem or opportunity facing my company or business unit?

2. What can I envision that will resolve the problem or grasp the opportunity?

In step number 1, you must know what really matters. Keep looking for that until you find it.

In step 2, you must clarify your vision until others can understand it. Then get their input. Spread out the ownership for the vision so that more people buy into it.

This strategic thinking approach can help you succeed while others get lost in the details. For assistance in this, I suggest you try out my individual or Small Group Executive Coaching.

Copyright 2009, by William R. Murray, President of Eagle Alliance Executive Coaching, LLC. Reprint rights granted to all venues so long as this article and by-line are printed intact with all links made live.

by: William R. Murray
New Etf Newsletter Reveals Strategy Of Etf Trend Trading System The Perfect Wholesale Freshwater Pearls Wholesale Air Max 2009 Grow Taller 4 Idiots Rapidshare Fap Turbo Any Good - Is The Popular Fap Turbo Trading Robot Any Good? Concealed Secrets Of Disney Pin Trading Revealed Web Based Currency Exchange Trading Top 7 Reasons Retailers Need A Website Wholesale Jeans Day Trading Cfds The THREE Must HAVE Pillars of Trading High Probability Trading Pt2 Consumers will get more profit through online retailers
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.208.203) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.012214 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2238, 496,
Strategic Thinking Is Crucial Campo Grande